FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

You're right corrections made; however, out of all the info in the post the only comment is on the spelling of Welsch's name? Welsh is a tough one; it would be easier if it were Nebuchadnezzar. You're destined for 0-6. Pull that TERA app!

Just kidding. I appreciate it, accept for the cussing at me about spelling errors. I am much better on a team than by myself.

Too late, my DOS was yesterday!

Just curious...how many times have you made these fantastic corrections (I'm recalling quite a few)? Does this mistake in particular really bother you that much or are you now BO's spell checker?

I think just you and Fiver, maybe one or two others who can't seem to consistently get the CSAF's name right. Must be a pet peeve of mine for whatever reason...probably because I also have a last name people often misspell.

As much as this thing has been jacked up from an A1 perspective, I can tell you without a doubt that Sam Cox is a great guy and a true Leader... One of the very few GO's of late. He took over recently at A1, but I don't think you will find anyone who has worked with him that wouldn't put him in the Gen Welsh category as being one of the good guys.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Great.. where's he holding people accountable for this screw up? Oh.. he's not going to strat them on their OPR, or let them get that next star. That'll show the youngin's he means business! A sharply worded email should fix this right up.

Still no dice for TERA. Any O-5/11X 15-19yr approved out there?

Congrats to the folks who got approved today.

Same boat for me North48. Hopefully we'll get some word one way or another by the end of the week.

Great.. where's he holding people accountable for this screw up? Oh.. he's not going to strat them on their OPR, or let them get that next star. That'll show the youngin's he means business! A sharply worded email should fix this right up.

Hey, I'm not apologizing for him. What I'm saying is that I've seen horrible Commanders and I've seen really good Commanders... Cox was a great Commander. If you can meet anyone who worked for or with him that disagrees I'd be shocked. As jacked up as this whole deal has been there have been plenty of folks on here defending Welsh (rightfully so)... Cox is cut from the same cloth. I'll trash the current managers wearing Stars as much as the next guy, but I'm willing to say from personal experience that Cox is a real leader and I wish we had more like him.

Are you at an undisclosed in location in Southwest Asia where it's April 1st? Haha very funny.

Nope. Here's a copy of the email:

"Gents,

Col XXX attended a VTC today where it was announced that the AF is going to waive 550 pilot/flying ADSCs for VSP. There were no details on how many to which year groups, airframes, etc.

BL - if you were still considering VSP but gave up on it when you heard they weren't going to waive any formal flying training ADSCs, the opportunity is again available. Please come see me if you are considering it.

LtCol XXXX

Commander, XXX"

"Gents,

Col ### attended a VTC today where it was announced that the AF is going to waive 550 pilot/flying ADSCs for VSP. There were no details on how many to which year groups, airframes, etc.

BL - if you were still considering VSP but gave up on it when you heard they weren't going to waive any formal flying training ADSCs, the opportunity is again available. Please come see me if you are considering it.

LtCol XXXX

Commander, ###"

So it's a sweepstakes now? Are they VSPing 550 and still RIFing later? How are they going to pick the lucky 550?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my email box this afternoon.

REQUEST WIDEST DISTRIBUTION TO OFFICER AND ENLISTED PERSONNEL, THEIR SUPERVISORY CHAINS, AND UNIT LEADERSHIP

Updated Force Management matrices are scheduled for release on the MyPers website on Thursday, 3 Apr 14, at approximately 1400 Central Time.

Updates will be provided on the following:

Enlisted Voluntary/Involuntary Matrices

Updated Officer Voluntary Matrix

O-4 ESERB Matrix

Officer Force Shaping Board Matrix

To get more information about the current Expanded Force Management programs, to include these matrices, please click the link here:

https://myPers.af.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/25484

v/r,

XX, Lt Col, USAF

Commander

XX Force Support Squadron

Excellent to hear there's finally some news coming down the line. More than 25% of FY14 has gone down the drain between the initial announcement and this one.

"Gents,

Col ### attended a VTC today where it was announced that the AF is going to waive 550 pilot/flying ADSCs for VSP. There were no details on how many to which year groups, airframes, etc.

LtCol XXXX

Commander, ###"

Still no news on the RIF matrix... Or will they put overage information onto the voluntary matrix?

Excellent to hear there's finally some news coming down the line. More than 25% of FY14 has gone down the drain between the initial announcement and this one.

I saw that AFPC's latest timeline moved the goalposts for Officer VSP/TERA from 1 Apr to 30 Apr.

I was told wait a full 8 weeks to hear ANYTHING or call back about VSP from the time AFPC officially received it after clearing all hurdles - meaning if any rejections whatsoever and resubmission it is the LAST day it arrived there fully valid that counts.

Do most peoples vsp application unit commander section specify yes to "the officer is excess to local base requirements"? Mine recommends approval for both unit and wing cc sections but says no to that question.

Mine said not excess as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ Did you submit it in 2006? Because that's when I would have expected the phrase "checking my Blackberry" to apply. Sorry man, I kid.

It is quite the ancient piece of tech, but it is way simpler than dragging a CAC reader everywhere and somehow it gets a signal on even the shittiest of third world country airfields.

Then again, you also have a digital tether and check email when on leave....

Hey, I'm not apologizing for him. What I'm saying is that I've seen horrible Commanders and I've seen really good Commanders... Cox was a great Commander. If you can meet anyone who worked for or with him that disagrees I'd be shocked. As jacked up as this whole deal has been there have been plenty of folks on here defending Welsh (rightfully so)... Cox is cut from the same cloth. I'll trash the current managers wearing Stars as much as the next guy, but I'm willing to say from personal experience that Cox is a real leader and I wish we had more like him.

So your saying that you like cocks?

Seeing this on AF Retirement Facebook:

"Just got an e-mail from FSS/CC, pasted below. New matrix should be posted on myPers at 1400 CST...

Ladies/Gentlemen--

We received updates on Force Management programs late yesterday. Updated eligibility matrices will be posted on myPers <https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/landing> on today, 3 Apr 14 at approximately 1400 CST. As expected, eligibility for various programs, to include involuntary programs, has changed. As you'll see on the enlisted involuntary programs, many AFSCs/grades are closed and no longer eligible for the Enlisted Review Board. Please review this information closely and disseminate to your personnel once it’s available.

The first significant update is that AFPC received expanded waiver authority from the Secretary of the Air Force. A PSDM providing more specific guidance is TBD; however, AFPC now has the authority to waive the following service commitments:

- Full waiver for ADSC for Aviation Retention Pay

- Undergraduate Flying Training (up to 72 months of an ADSC)

- Up to 36 months of Advanced Flying Training (to include Pilot or Flying Instructor Training/Qualification)

- AFIT (up to 36 months)

- Medical Residency Training (up to 24 months)

- Medical Special Pays and Bonuses (up to 48 months w/recoupment)

There will be a formal announcement to make us all aware of these expanded opportunities. A coordinated media campaign will accompany the formal announcement and targeted messages will be sent to those officers who had their application returned because AFPC did not have the appropriate waiver authority. The individual messages will direct Airmen to updated matrices and revised PSDMs to determine their eligibility and application instructions.

The second significant update involves involuntary and program eligibility for officers and enlisted. On the enlisted side, I have already requested information from AFPC regarding updated eligibility listings for the involuntary enlisted boards. The officer FSB matrix remains about the same and the officer voluntary sep eligibility shows a number of AFSC/Year Groups as no longer eligible. The MPS will continue to monitor the system for changes to officer eligibility."

Finally, some news!!! Hope it holds up.

VSP approval/disapprovals have started. I got 2 buddies that have received e-mails to their work accounts. 1 approval and 1 disapproval. Unfortunately those are the only friends I have...except for you guys, of course!

We will all know a little more by the end of the day between the matrix and people's approvals. Stay tuned