FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Old TERA announcement

"Although we are updating in batches...The application window will run through 26 Mar 14. Therefore, you should expect an answer no later than 1 Apr 14."

New TERA announcement:

"TERA processing has not been suspended. We are still planning to begin providing Approval/Disapproval notifications as scheduled 1-Apr-2014."

Ah yes, the "changing goal post" technique. Helping warriors meet their objectives since 2008.

• Upvote 2

I got an email from my boss today saying that they will waive 550 pilot/flying ADSCs for VSP. There were no details on how many to which year groups, airframes, etc. though so take it with a grain of salt. Here's hoping.

AFPC just sent out a correction. The 550 is metric and AFPC still uses standard. The actual number after conversion is 341.755005157394. I rounded off the last digit.

• Upvote 4

AFPC just sent out a correction. The 550 is metric and AFPC still uses standard. The actual number after conversion is 341.755005157394. I rounded off the last digit.

And some dude named Butters just go RIFd, see you in Atlanta in a few months.

I got an email from my boss today saying that they will waive 550 pilot/flying ADSCs for VSP. There were no details on how many to which year groups, airframes, etc. though so take it with a grain of salt. Here's hoping.

Are you at an undisclosed in location in Southwest Asia where it's April 1st? Haha very funny.

The total of 11X overages from 2005-2008 on the previous RIF matrix was only 415. Maybe they are including some CSOs in the later year groups that may have ADSC remaining. Could they actually be intelligent enough to be offering ADSC waivers for the entire group in order to make them eligible for VSP, like the CSAF promised he would? If so, it would be the first thing to impress me about the AF for a long time.

The total of 11X overages from 2005-2008 on the previous RIF matrix was only 415. Maybe they are including some CSOs in the later year groups that may have ADSC remaining. Could they actually be intelligent enough to be offering ADSC waivers for the entire group in order to make them eligible for VSP, like the CSAF promised he would? If so, it would be the first thing to impress me about the AF for a long time.

If they include the 04 year group (not eligible for the RIF, still?), that might get them to 550. Or that number could include the late-to-rate folks in the 01-03 year groups, or both.

It could be referencing the CSOs, though Nav training ADSC was not excepted from the waiver in 13-65. But, who knows at this point, right?

Good luck to the TERA applicants today....

K. I'm a little slow on the uptake. Which of the last 7 seven posts are legit? I doubt many of us are in the mood for tomfoolery on this subject but I'll throw out a courtesy laugh just to get clarification on the above info.

My "good night all" was completely legit. I really meant it.

I haven't heard of a single new TERA approval today. Also still not a single officer approved for VSP or TERA. I don't see any way they would be able to meet the NLT date of today. How are they ing up the Os so bad? It's a real mystery because it's not just flyers who aren't seeing activity, it's everyone. AFPC needs to come clean about what the hold up actually is otherwise things are going to come to a head.

I'm wondering why it is so hard for an Air Force leader at some level to explain what is happening; our WG/CC attempted to a few weeks ago but you can tell he was stuck operating in the dark as well going off the limited info he had. Why does the AF Times get more gouge than the AF members? Someone knows what the story is, and they must know how hard this must be on families. They don't have to tell us everything or even give us what we want but it would be nice not to be kept completely in the dark for months on end. Can you imagine if SQ/CC's led like this?!

( Sorry... I've been crosschecking the VMPF, myPers, BODN pages too long... I had to blather about something... )

Edited by jstarsshag

Talked to a friend at SOS. Bare in mind this is from a guy who didn't apply for VSP, so probably slept for half the speech, but it sounds like Gen Cox gave more generic BS with a few gold nuggets. Discussed numbers of applicants, eligibles and possibly numbers to get approved. Sounded like approx 2000 officers applied with 1400 eligible and they will approve approx 600. He also talked about UPT ADSCs. Said they originally had authority to waive up to 1 yr but had received delegated authority to waive up to 6. He was kind of unclear on these details but he was sure about the 6 yr number.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen much on Palace chase on here but does anyone know why 11M functionals have been directed to non-concur on applications in over manned carrer fields? I have an ADSC of 19 months. I have been hired by a unit and My airframe is overmanned and I was told it was going to be denied becase of my ADSC. Does anybody have any thoughts or experience on what is going on? Other that an artibtrary rule that they won't approve them outside of a year. Xanax is sounding pretty good right now

Talked to a friend at SOS. Bare in mind this is from a guy who didn't apply for VSP, so probably slept for half the speech, but it sounds like Gen Cox gave more generic BS with a few gold nuggets. Discussed numbers of applicants, eligibles and possibly numbers to get approved. Sounded like approx 2000 officers applied with 1400 eligible and they will approve approx 600. He also talked about UPT ADSCs. Said they originally had authority to waive up to 1 yr but had received delegated authority to waive up to 6. He was kind of unclear on these details but he was sure about the 6 yr number.

600 VSPs will be approved? The last numbers I saw estimated about 1900 Majors alone gone by the end of FY15 (might have been an AF Times article though). Sounds like the promise from James and Welsh to let volunteers go won't be honored...

• Upvote 1

600 VSPs will be approved? The last numbers I saw estimated about 1900 Majors alone gone by the end of FY15 (might have been an AF Times article though). Sounds like the promise from James and Welsh to let volunteers go won't be honored...

Might have been 600 so far they just haven't been notified yet. I give my above info about 60% accuracy. I wasn't there and the people I talked to weren't completely current on the developments to date so their interpretation may have been way off base. I wanted to give partial info. As they say sometimes half an answer is better than no answer. Big news is it sounds like some kind of new info will be dropped on myPers tomorrow at which point everything I've just said will be proven wrong. Edited by lossofclocklossofdata
  • Upvote 1

Would be funny if their interpretation of eligible for voluntary separation as everyone was eligible, but we were only going to approve 1. Now that's an April fool's joke.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

So, about a month past the original date that the "first batch" of VSP apps was supposed to be announced for approval, I was tasked today for a 183 in Sep (actually nice of them to give me such advance notice). Not upset about the deployment if I'm still in, but I'm wondering now if this will also DQ my VSP application... double whammy.

Been lurking here as the most useful venue for info since we all started pissing in the wind back in Feb, hoping someone may have looked into this already before I start rummaging through the PSDMs.

Any help is appreciated, thanks all for providing the closest thing to current info for the desperate masses.

Edited by jates