FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

For my guys' RRFs, I've asked them to submit inputs...I expect most (all) to submit said inputs, as no RIF-eligibles here seem interested in VSP. If they don't, I'll write the PRF for the senior rater's endorsement. In short, we're doing RRFs exactly like we do PRFs.

So the PSDM for RIF stated eligible officers would be notified and given instructions NLT 14 Feb. Anybody see anything yet? I haven't.

zb

Have yet to hear of any O getting word about this. Seems like everyone went off the red/blue matrix.

We were told the Officer Pre-selection Briefs would not be making it to us by the NLT date of 14 Feb this past week. Leave it up to AFPC to write guidance with deadlines that they then have no hope of even following.

I think on my 'do not retain me' letter I'll put something to the effect of - I didn't sign a 10 year commitment to sit in a GCS for 8 years and if you call that lack of 'Service Before Self,' see your entire organization's lack of 'Excellence in All We Do' i.e. the entire force shaping process or countless other leadership failures.

Anyone know offhand if the senior rater is technically required to write the rrf? As in, I'm trying to vsp; I know damn good and well it won't get approved, so then I want to get RIFd. In such a scenario, I have zero incentive/motivation to write my own rrf.

Any tips on what/how to write it - the only caveat being that I need to get it through the Sq/Gp and Wg without having it sent back so I can do it again.

Already been told "Please consider this a resubmission of my vsp application" is a nonstarter.

Use all those LT bullets..."continue to challenge", "one of my best", "xx duty dog shifts"...

I'm sure we're all having to write our own RRFs, but just so you know, the reg governing RRFs specifically says we are not supposed to write our own. PM me if you want me to find it for you, I can look it up on Tuesday.

Interesting, since I've already written my own. And I wrote my own last time.

Unless I'm missing something here, Altus is the only wing with 135s and 17s. I would think that losing 20 IPs at once would be beyond crippling.

Yes, you are missing something. The fact that this happened before and it was not crippling. They just refilled the pool with non-vols.... problem solved.

Shack.

Can't speak to tankers but at least on the -17 side they have a very large pool that it can reach deep into to pluck IPs from at will. Especially for airdroppers - that qual is *almost* a guaranteed one-way ticket to LTS at some point in your career, unfortunately.

Edited by WheelsOff

I'm sure it's, "Under review up at Air Staff" or some other such nonsense.

Ready...fire...AIM!!

It's fine. In the world that "The Bobs" live in, this is perfectly okay.

wantedbulletbend.gif?w=300&h=158

Plus if they miss, they'll just ask you to take a step to the left for their next shot. Service before self after all.

Shack.

Can't speak to tankers but at least on the -17 side they have a very large pool that it can reach deep into to pluck IPs from at will. Especially for airdroppers - that qual is *almost* a guaranteed one-way ticket to LTS at some point in your career, unfortunately.

Tankers don't have any special quals that are taught at the FTU. Plus, we've been non-vol'ing folks to Altus for years. Never change horsemen mid apocalypse.

Paraphrased from AFPC:

RIF board postponed to 1 Oct 14, new accounting date is in May. VSP applications still being accepted until May. You can withdraw your VSP app based on this new info as long as you do it before the batch is processed (I think?).

Edit: And the kicker:

PSDM 13-130, FY14 Officer Reduction in Force (RIF) Board, will be

rescinded and a new PSDM will be published in the near future

Edited by frog

Been quiet lately. I think everybody went heads-down on their RRFs. My local RUMINT is that the VSPs will be returned for pilot training ADSC, which would dovetail nicely with a new set of rules coming out that would define who could reapply.

edit for VSP vs RRF

Edited by VSP or 365

Quoting AFPC: "Based on current delegated authorities, AFPC must return VSP applications from officers who have ADSCs not listed as waiverable in PSDM 13-65, FY14 Officer Voluntary Force Management Programs. This includes flying ADSCs, some medical incentive pays, and others. Those applications received to date from officers with non-waiverable ADSCs will be returned to the member with a note explaining they are currently ineligible.

AFPC is still seeking expanded ADSC waiver authority from the SecAF and anticipate receiving [it] in the near future. At such time as the expanded authority is granted, AFPC will send new guidance to the field to alert members that they may now reapply based upon newly delegated waiver authority."

So say we all.

Quoting AFPC: "Based on current delegated authorities, AFPC must return VSP applications from officers who have ADSCs not listed as waiverable in PSDM 13-65, FY14 Officer Voluntary Force Management Programs. This includes flying ADSCs, some medical incentive pays, and others. Those applications received to date from officers with non-waiverable ADSCs will be returned to the member with a note explaining they are currently ineligible.

AFPC is still seeking expanded ADSC waiver authority from the SecAF and anticipate receiving [it] in the near future. At such time as the expanded authority is granted, AFPC will send new guidance to the field to alert members that they may now reapply based upon newly delegated waiver authority."

So say we all.

Even though this sh*t should be spelled out enough for me to not have to ask this question... I'm going to have to ask it. Now when they apparently say flying ADSCs aren't waived in the PSDM 13-65 Waiverable ADSCs table, the note in their only pretained to pilots (undergraduate pilot training and advanced pilot training).

Does that mean Navs/CSOs and ABMs are still good to apply?

I've already applied and my application is sitting at BPO, but I just want to mentally prepare myself if the thing is going to get sent back to me...

So say we all.

On my way to the IG to file my formal complaint pending the rejection e-mail. I may also drop a letter to my Congressman as well. AFPC is an f'ing clown show.

So, the '05 year group meets a RIF board in Oct followed by a promotion board in Dec...to save money. And obviously, they haven't announced if the '06 promotion board is this year or next year. I'm sure the 365 taskings will be right on time, though.

Wouldn't that be great? Get retained by the RIF board and then immediately passed over for promotion…there'll have to be a few...

So say we all.

Can you list the source or has AFPC finally realized this forum is the best source and subsequently hired you to release information for them?