FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Out of curiosity, what date determines your RIF eligibility for a particular AFSC? To elevate confusion, on 6 Feb my core AFSC was 12S; however as of 14 Feb I'll be an 11M ('08 Year Group). Wild card!

If you dig through the maze of pdsm minutia, your cored ID is locked in on the RRF accounting date, which is 31 Jan 14. Those of you wanting to get your core id switched back to a blue box could use that as ammo if they switched if after 31 Jan.

If you dig through the maze of pdsm minutia, your cored ID is locked in on the RRF accounting date, which is 31 Jan 14. Those of you wanting to get your core id switched back to a blue box could use that as ammo if they switched if after 31 Jan.

Mine was switched to my current core ID after 31 Jan. Before the switch my application said 11K for my core ID and after it was changed in MILPDs I refreshed my application before ever submitting it and the proper core ID came up and that is what I submitted it with.

Update from TFSC today. Enlisted VSP started getting approved at the three week mark. Was told package must be complete through both CCs and BPO before AFPC will look at it. I believe there is a suspense date (rumored to be 45 days) after which it will still be pushed regardless, but that maybe too late if the quota is met. Mines been sitting for 5 days now.

Update from TFSC today. Enlisted VSP started getting approved at the three week mark. Was told package must be complete through both CCs and BPO before AFPC will look at it. I believe there is a suspense date (rumored to be 45 days) after which it will still be pushed regardless, but that maybe too late if the quota is met. Mines been sitting for 5 days now.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I just got off the phone with someone actually in AFPC and not with the TFSC and was told they will be waiving UPT ADSC's for the VSP.

I did my VSP on Firefox with a CAC reader at home (on Linux, for that matter!). I think I had more issues with the vMPF Separations app on IE at work. It's a finicky site, either way. The new Portal also has issues.

Mine is also at BPO. I also had the wrong core ID (11K), and had my functional change it. AFPC said it could take up to 48 hours for the change to show up in vMPF, and they said go ahead and submit it with a note saying it had been changed. I did, and included a copy of their email. Hope it goes through!

Still preparing myself to be let down, but I am starting to feel optimistic...

I still can't get the page to load from home. I have MacBooks, so I drug out an old Windows laptop and tried that. In Internet Explorer the first time I click on the Voluntary Separation link it opens a new window that gives me the SQL error. After that when I try to refresh or re-click the link it just says the page cannot load. I've been on my weekend, so I guess I'll try tonight at work and see what happens.

I'm at referred to BPO as well. I'm at a TFI unit, and wanted to make sure it was routing correctly, so I called the TFSC. They said it's at the final stop at AFPC and to expect 6 weeks, which I'm sure is the standard line.

Edited by BamaC-21

There isn't a government website out there that works correctly. Try using compatibility mode in IE. 70% of the time, it works every time.

The last DOD website I was on (AFFMS) said I needed IE 5.5 or better. I was using IE 11. Compatibility mode worked.

I'm at referred to BPO as well. I'm at a TFI unit, and wanted to make sure it was routing correctly, so I called the TFSC. They said it's at the final stop at AFPC and to expect 6 weeks, which I'm sure is the standard line.

so Referred to BPO is final stop? how come some say referred to BPO and some say AFPC Voluntary Separations BPO?

I'm not sure. The lady on the phone at the TFSC looked up my app and said that BPO stood for Business Process Owner and that it was at the final stop. It makes more sense to me that AFPC Voluntary Separations BPO would be the final stop, which is why I posted. I didn't check the app every day, but the only two statuses I saw after my sq/cc signed were Awaiting WG/CC coord (or something to that effect), and Referred to BPO. Has anyone been through Referred to BPO and then gotten to AFPC Voluntary Separations BPO?

Question for the masses. I’m stationed at an army base and my commander is at McGuire, servicing MPF is at Scott. The commander at McGuire signed off the sq cc portion but it has been referred to the 375 wg cc at Scott for final approval. This guy is not in my chain of command and my only affiliation with Scott is just MPF and finance, no opcon. The MPF CC is insistent that the Scott WG CC is the final authority even though I report to the 621st CRW at McGuire. Does it matter which wg cc signs my vsp app or is this something that will get me booted out of the system and back to step one? Thoughts?

I'm not sure how the ADCON chain works for CRGs. I'm a tenant on an AMC base. When my sq/cc hit approve, cms gave him the option to forward on to the base cc (not in my chain) or send back to AFPC for special routing. My cc selected option two and wrote instructions for who it should go to. AFPC took those instruction and wiped their collective a$$es with them. Then sent my app to the base wg/cc. Luckily we have a good relationship with this cc. He coorded with my wg/cc and clicked approved so our apps could move down the line. One of the coolest "take care of your (and not your) people" I've seen, and not just because it benefited me. Now, maybe we'll be denied because of this; I'm not convinced that 11's will get out. Between this act and getting to wear colored shirts on Fridays, I might pull my app and stay in.

That last was sarcasm.

I'm at the "referred to BPO" stage as well.

CHSC17driver,

Likely what happened was that your case was, for better or worse, assigned to the 375 AW/CC in CMS (Case Management System). It's probably less work to get the sign-off by the 375th AW/CC than it is to personally fight the entire battle to get your electrons reassigned (if it's even the correct path). I'd suggest writing an email to the 375 AW/CCE inbox with a description of your circumstances, and see if they wouldn't mind getting it approved by the WG/CC. If they can't approve it they have the ability to work the issue directly with the MPF/CC from a better angle, and it would be in their best interest since the CMS case will be hanging in their case load until resolved. (If it is that type of issue).

that will be the last status update until you either get word that it's approved or denied (at least, that was my experience 2 months ago with my request for separation process)