FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

If you ever told me back when I originally signed up that years down the road I'd be sitting here glued to my computer in the middle of the night submitting an application to get out of my job as a pilot in the Air Force I would have told you that you were full of $hit. Why do I feel so let down and unfullfilled that the Air Force wasn't what I thought it was going to be? It's such a shame.

• Upvote 5

Ahhhh, the shitshow unfolds. Funny thing is I have spent so much time ranting about how this Force Management measure would certainly rise to the same level of comical ineptitude as the last. Too bad I have to reassure young guys in the squadron not to worry about a RIF because I have seen this debacle unfold before. Every older dude I know is reading the fine print trying to figure out how to be eligible and GTF out! AFPC, you never fail to amaze me.

Why have we not completely eliminated AFPC? I can take a civilian into combat zones but I have a ing clown-show shoe clerk wearing a uniform, sitting in a cubicle devising these RIF debacles every other year. Makes sense- why can't we outsource AFPC to a civilian HR company? They really couldn't do any ing worse. you AFPC.

The vMPF webpage is running about as well as HealthCare.gov . I can't get very far without error messages blocking my way to submitting a separation app. I can always hope that tomorrows PSDM will make me eligible. Motherfukkers!

Chang, once again great job. Please jump back in anytime with your words of wisdom and inspiration.

Liquid, perhaps you couldn't understand why we are so jaded and have so little trust left in our leaders. Tell me you are taking notes and viewing this colossal mess from the same vantage point that we are.

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to see how Liquid, Chang, et al try to spin this one. It's amazing how quickly you and your peers have driven this organization into the ground.

For all the young folks out there who read these boards and are thinking about a job as an AF aviator (and there are a TON of them), take note. Active duty is an incredibly toxic organization right now. Plan accordingly.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, I just submitted my appliction (at 0200 CST) and received no errors and didn't have to reload the page a million times unlike the first go at this last month. If you're thinking about applying and are reading this right now, vMPF/MyPers seems fairly stable for now.

The more I think about this, the more pissed off I get.

How do they justify not waiving a single ######ing day of a 3650 day commitment? Even if an individual has 6 months left on their UPT commitment, they have served 95% of what they signed for and yet people are getting Palace Chase approved with over 4 years left on their ADSC ()...WHAT WHAT THE ######?!?!?!

This just absolutely blows my mind even though I know it really shouldn't.

Edited by Fifty-six & Two

So one thing I do not understand with regard to the guidance -

If they are doing these in monthly batches and the guidance in the updated 14-08 says:

"Commander:
a. Must make a recommendation in the commander’s justification portion of the web-based
on-line application no later than 1 May 14. Commanders must advise in the comment
portion of the on-line application of any condition which exists that renders the applicant
ineligible, i.e., officer is pending involuntary discharge, under investigation, under civil
charges, or pending disciplinary action.
b. No commander, supervisor, agency, unit, or organization is authorized to delay, divert or
disapprove applications under this program."
What is the definition of delay? If we submit today can he/she not take action until 1 May?

The more I think about this, the more pissed off I get.

How do they justify not waiving a single ######ing day of a 3650 day commitment? Even if an individual has 6 months left on their UPT commitment, they have served 95% of what they signed for and yet people are getting Palace Chase approved with over 4 years left on their ADSC ()...WHAT WHAT THE ######?!?!?!

This just absolutely blows my mind even though I know it really shouldn't.

i'm 99.5% positive we will be denied....but lets wait and see what happens...

i'd have applied for PC instead of this if I weren't deployed.

• Upvote 1

I just got off of the phone with the total force service center and the gentleman I spoke to said to just apply and AFPC will figure it all out. He agreed that it was a little unclear about UPT ADSC but suggested to apply anyway and see what happens. I wish I were able to be this inconsistent and unprepared in my AF job like these clowns are.

Has anyone received word if the LADSC waiver program is different from the VSP program? Specifically if the GI Bill ADSC note in the 13-65 about waiving the benefits applies to VSP people? It appears like VSP and LADSC waiver are two separate programs. If I give up my rights to the GI Bill benefits by applying for VSP, that is a pretty raw deal. I transfered my GI Bill benefits and my ADSC for that ends before my UPT commitment ends.

Has anyone received word if the LADSC waiver program is different from the VSP program? Specifically if the GI Bill ADSC note in the 13-65 about waiving the benefits applies to VSP people? It appears like VSP and LADSC waiver are two separate programs. If I give up my rights to the GI Bill benefits by applying for VSP, that is a pretty raw deal. I transfered my GI Bill benefits and my ADSC for that ends before my UPT commitment ends.

And that is exactly what I told the lady at the Total Force Service Center and she clarified that they are separate programs when it comes to GI Bill transferability and that if you VSP you will retain those benefits, but that the ADSC's waivers that apply to the LADSC are the same for the VSP. She could be wrong. It's not the first time a contractor has absolutely no idea what they are talking about, but then again we are hearing reports of SQ/CC's hearing the same thing from Commander Hotlines.

yes, i just read the pdsms, i cant see anywhere where it says vsp wont waive upt commitment.

FWIW, PSDM 13-130 attach 1 para 11 states that members separated by VSP with ADSC for post-9/11 GI Bill will be considered completed with their commitment. Obviously this is counter to PSDM 13-65 (I hate myself for knowing these numbers by heart but fly so rarely that I couldn't remember the normal left hydro qty yesterday) but when we all start filing FOIA requests to figure out if the website delay/time stamp mattered or IG complaints for not having ADSCs waived it may make a difference.

BTW, we used the naval observatory phone line to start submitting at the appointed time. Took 5:04 to finally get the website to properly open and submit. 2002 11M. Good luck to all.

After talking to my CC, he suggested to submit anyway and make them tell me no. It sounds like the mismanagement has been acknowledged at the wing level, so I figured F*ck it and put my name in the hat. I hate to have missed the midnight opening, but whatever. What a goat rope. '05 11M. Good luck.

After talking to my CC, he suggested to submit anyway and make them tell me no. It sounds like the mismanagement has been acknowledged at the wing level, so I figured F*ck it and put my name in the hat. I hate to have missed the midnight opening, but whatever. What a goat rope. '05 11M. Good luck.

Trying to due the same, but unfortunately the healthcare.gov IT team that was hired by AFPC hasn't figured out how to fix a simple error that was identified on 14 Jan.

Email from boss this AM

"Worried by something you saw on AFPC's website??

Names removed to protect the innocent and I'm including all our pilots for SA. AFPC put in a blurb about how UPT ADSCs make a person ineligible for VSP. We think that's probably a mistake since everyone in the 2007 year group still has an ADSC, but they have a target to let 20% of those folks leave AMC. OG recommends that you go ahead and send your request for VSP. We can always kill them or you can withdraw them if it turns out that we're wrong. Don't sweat not getting them in at 0001 this morning--AFPC (cue the disbelief, I know) plans to use ADSC, TOS, TIS, etc to determine, NOT the HH:MM:SS you submit. And they won't tell us otherwise anyway, so this may help you sleep better.
One of the questions I have to answer is that I have counseled you on all sorts of things like your plans and joining the reserves. Of those who got on my calendar, I am confident we covered all those bases. If we haven't spoken and you plan to submit, you need to call me."

- '06 11M