FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Actually, the matrix included 11S for 2004 yeargroup, but the document did not. so actually this is new/ different data.

Word. One of these days we'll get the requirements. You'd think after a month from telling the masses, they'd have this thing ironed out.

So we received a PowerPoint briefing today via email originating from the AFFOR/A1 Deputy.

In the "Parting Thoughts" slide it is shown that:

Each Airman should: Start TAP when notified of eligibility….don’t wait for board results

Copy, so after I distract myself from my warfighting obligations trying to figure out if I or my troops are eligible for this crap, and get done writing god only knows how many RRFs, I'll make an appoint to go do TAP just in case.

Culminating in the final "Parting Thought":

Don’t be afraid to ask questions…this is your career and future!

It is?!? I have a question...that no one can answer....

WTF,

Bendy

• Upvote 5

Actually, the matrix included 11S for 2004 yeargroup, but the document did not. so actually this is new/ different data.

What document? The only source for eligible AFSCs to my knowledge was the matrix. What am I missing?

Updated Officer VSP, Force Shape, and RIF eligibility matrices are poseted on myPers. The RIF matrix lists overage # and # of eligibles by AFSC and Year Group.

11Xs 2011-2009 are safe from the FSB. No change to RPAs or Fighters. 11Ms 10-20% depending upon year group. 12Ms are 75%+ cut, but get better for 12Fs and 12Rs (~10-20%).

11Ms, 2005 who were eligible for the last VSP: 80+ over/450+ eligible. Keeping it vague since the doc is probably FOUO.

This is a huge cut for non-rated. Some year groups have a greater overage than eligible, and most are 25-40%.

This chart will be periodically updated to account for voluntary losses along with the finalized AF budget.

Still no PSDM. So the flood gates are open, but where is the unconditional surrender?

most importantly, when can we submit VSP applications?

No guidance yet.

We understand how anxious you are to get additional information on the Force Management programs that the Secretary and Chief announced in December. Due to changes in the projected overages and corresponding eligibility criteria, there has been a delay in publishing the information.

I would imagine something before COB, but maybe I am asking too much. This dropped in the middle of the night on the East Coast.

Here's the main player gentlemen. Didn't say FOUO or any such thing on it but mods, feel free to purge if deemed out of line. Posting for quick access and for those without CAC readers at home.

The attached matrix, IMHO, is the one that matters if you're thinking about getting out. Gives you the number of eligibles and the overage broken down by AFSC & year group.

So while I have not terrible odds of getting approved in theory (11 overages, 66 eligible officers for a 2007 12S), my pilot buddies dreaming of getting out have somewhat worse odds. (8 overages, 101 eligibles for a 2007 11S for instance). 12M is the most affected rated career field among CGOs thus giving dudes the best opportunity to punch if so desired.

Ironically there is an overage of 64 CGO-type 13Ns (Nuclear & Missile Operations)...I think we may have some early candidates for those slots!

Cheers & have a happy Air Force Friday :beer:

Officer Reduction in Force Eligibility Matrix - as of 23 Jan 14.pdf

Edited by nsplayr

Can someone explain to me the connection between year groups (say 05 and 06 for example) and projected AF requirements?

How do "we" know "we" should axe 84 11M's from 2005 and 69 11M's from 2004? I can see a convoluted connection to future numbers in grade, but it seems on face value the correct answer could very well be to axe 1 from 2005 and 152 from 2004. I don't get it.

Additionally, why would a board process not apply to voluntary force management if it is based on the needs of the Air Force? Are the needs of the Air Force actually believed to be definable in 0's and 1's with no further definition of the 1's? That would certainly lead to much credence to those that say, "you are nothing more than a number".

Bewildered Bendy

Can someone explain to me the connection between year groups (say 05 and 06 for example) and projected AF requirements?

How do "we" know "we" should axe 84 11M's from 2005 and 69 11M's from 2004? I can see a convoluted connection to future numbers in grade, but it seems on face value the correct answer could very well be to axe 1 from 2005 and 152 from 2004. I don't get it.

Additionally, why would a board process not apply to voluntary force management if it is based on the needs of the Air Force? Are the needs of the Air Force actually believed to be definable in 0's and 1's with no further definition of the 1's? That would certainly lead to much credence to those that say, "you are nothing more than a number".

Bewildered Bendy

just go with it....because you don't have the "big picture"

Edited by tunes

The one that I love the most is for FGO Personnelists. 2001 YG is looking to cut 50 people with 36 eligible! Good luck and thank god. Maybe this will help reduce the AFPC debacle of 2016!

2004 11S's still getting hosed, not that I am surprised. I'll keep the countdown to terminal leave ticking away on my Ipad.

• Upvote 1

The one that I love the most is for FGO Personnelists. 2001 YG is looking to cut 50 people with 36 eligible! Good luck and thank god. Maybe this will help reduce the AFPC debacle of 2016!

2004 11S's still getting hosed, not that I am surprised. I'll keep the countdown to terminal leave ticking away on my Ipad.

2004 is getting hosed because it's on a promo list. You would think that they would allow VSP to anyone passed over but whatever.

Just to make sure I am reading this right, does this chart show that those "eligible" is the total number of dudes in that AFSC/Yr Group? I think im reading too much into the chart, but it says "Estimated Eligible is based on the current inventory of personnel who meet the eligibility criteria". So does that mean that if there is a bigger number of folks in that career field?? Say for example you were an 11B in the 2002 year group, Overage is 7, Eligible is 58, but would that 58 be the total number of 02/11B dudes?

Just to make sure I am reading this right, does this chart show that those "eligible" is the total number of dudes in that AFSC/Yr Group? I think im reading too much into the chart, but it says "Estimated Eligible is based on the current inventory of personnel who meet the eligibility criteria". So does that mean that if there is a bigger number of folks in that career field?? Say for example you were an 11B in the 2002 year group, Overage is 7, Eligible is 58, but would that 58 be the total number of 02/11B dudes?

Probably not. I'm pretty sure it doesn't account for people close to retirement (prior-E time), in school, and 365-tour folks.