FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

There's one for the enlisted side too, rummit from some of the loads is they are looking to cut 1,200 enlisted aircrew members.

Total AD cut is 1860, so 1200 flyers is more than a little uneven. At a guess, I imagine all flyers cut will be only a third of total AD force that is cut, whether vol or non-vol.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Total AD cut is 1860, so 1200 flyers is more than a little uneven. At a guess, I imagine all flyers cut will be only a third of total AD force that is cut, whether vol or non-vol.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

They want to cut 1900 Enlisted Aviators (per Air Staff). I think a majority of those will be FE's.

Unbelievable! Let the debacle begin. Considering that 11S has been at the top of the AFPC stressed ADSC list it surprises the hell out of me that they would include them. Poor UAV bastards can't catch a break though. Any thoughts on the initial words about promotion list or 1 year TIG guys being ineligible? Guess I might hold my PC papers for a couple of months while this shitshow unfolds.

Unbelievable! Let the debacle begin. Considering that 11S has been at the top of the AFPC stressed ADSC list it surprises the hell out of me that they would include them. Poor UAV bastards can't catch a break though. Any thoughts on the initial words about promotion list or 1 year TIG guys being ineligible? Guess I might hold my PC papers for a couple of months while this shitshow unfolds.

Epic. 11s are eligible. Because we are so overmanned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if it based on PAFSC (who owns you) or what you're currently doing?

It should be based on your Core ID, which you can find on your SURF. It's a 3 digit AFSC that should match "what you got trained as". For instance, TPS grads retain their core id from pre-TPS, with a few exceptions such as guys who get CV-22 qual'd.

Anyone know if it based on PAFSC (who owns you) or what you're currently doing?

Probably PAFSC...but might be your RDTM code (check your SURF). RDTM HB=C-130, etc

ETA: or, what olevelo said...

Edited by Learjetter

They want to cut 1900 Enlisted Aviators (per Air Staff). I think a majority of those will be FE's.

I was getting the feeling that someone higher was going to "lean forward" on this one and we're going to lose a lot more than the 1900 fy14 total active force reduction the math was indicating. The longer they drag this out, the more times they are going to have to review each person's file= more wasted time (not that big blue really cares about that). A reduction of 1900 this year leaves an extra 3100 to spread out over the next 4 years ( figuring a 5k per year average reduction). The 14 odd programs also makes me think they plan on front end loading this in the first few years, then fixing what they've screwed up in the last few.

But what do I know? I just work here.

Any word on the pay for VSP that anyone has seen?

I understand the chart that was published shows the VSP application window from Jan to April with a DOS in Sep 14. In the past, does AFPC inform all applicants at the same time after the window closes? Or do they do individual notifications 8 weeks after submission like the forms say? If I pull the trigger, I'm just trying to estimate how long I have from official approval to DOS.

Edited by Shut up 'n color

Any word on the pay for VSP that anyone has seen?

I understand the chart that was published shows the VSP application window from Jan to April with a DOS in Sep 14. In the past, does AFPC inform all applicants at the same time after the window closes? Or do they do individual notifications 8 weeks after submission like the forms say? If I pull the trigger, I'm just trying to estimate how long I have from official approval to DOS.

From what I remember for the 06-07 VSP, it was first come, first serve with blanket approval up to certain end strengths. People were notified as soon as their application was approved. For the 2011 VSP, I don't recall them notifying anyone until after the program close date and they changed their tune to only allow individuals with less than 6 months remaining on an ADSC get out.

This is from this year's Q&A:

Q2. Isn’t VSP granted first-come, first-served to eligible officers who apply for it?

A2. No. RIF eligible officers are not entitled to receive VSP based solely on submitting an application. According to OSD policy, VSP is used to minimize involuntary separations and to shape the force. The OSD policy stipulates that all VSP applications be reviewed and only those meeting the needs of the Military Service be approved.

Q5. Will VSP applicant records be thoroughly reviewed before making an approval/disapproval decision?

A5. No. The VSP process does not include an assessment of the quality of an officer's record. This will be the purview of the RIF board. The VSP application review process is strictly administrative, focusing on AFSC experience as well as active duty service commitment length and reason.

Edited by Fifty-six & Two

If you have a DOS already that is after 1 Oct 14...any chance you can be eligible?

If it is like the TERA program, if you have an approved date of separation, you will not be eligible to apply. These programs are to get out people who have not already expressed their desire to separate.

Sidebar:

Does anyone know what exactly the "Under assignment consideration" means with regards to being ineligible?