FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

is it still btw 2-6 left? I'm also assuming the same ole denial for everyone unless less than 18 mo. left?

Can't speak to anything outside of the Herk world, but 2-6 years remaining on an ADSC and it's probably not gonna happen. The reg says to be eligible for PC, one has to have served 2/3 of their initial ADSC. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they have to approve it though. I know someone who applied with a projected separation date just under a year and a half remaining and was denied. They waited 120 days, reapplied with a requested separation date just under a year remaining and was subsequently approved. Timing and luck...

And of course no one knows when that will be available. I have a feeling we are about to be sorely disappointed.

Go and read the comments section on the my.af.mil 2014 force shaping announcement...there's an enormous number of people that are looking to TERA as their golden ticket. I think the Air Force is about to learn that more people than they ever imagined would get out if they felt they were getting a reasonably fair deal and the members of the AF are going to be sorely disappointed when Big Blue gives just about everyone a big No.

Rumor mill fact check:

If you apply for VSP and are subsequently denied, does your DOS on your SURF change from infinity to your ADSC end date?

More importantly, does this make you a ripe AFPC target for a 365 if you have > 1 year left on your ADSC?

Examples, anyone?

matrix here:

https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/26745

• Chaplains are not eligible for voluntary or involuntary programs. All officers with greater than 19 but less than 20 total years of service may apply for TERA and other voluntary programs, regardless of AFSC.
  • All Selectively Continued Officers with greater than 15 but less than 19 total years of service are eligible for TERA and other voluntary programs, with the exception of the following AFSCs: 11F/H/U, 12F/H/U, 13C/D/L, 18X, 52R
  • All Selectively Continued Officers with less than 15 total years of service are eligible for voluntary programs, with the exception of the following AFSCs: 11F/H/U, 12F/H/U, 13C/D/L, 18X, 52R
  • Information is current as of 20 December 2013. Please check back often, as eligibility will change over the course of the Force Management Program
  • Upvote 1

Dumb question: If you are on the bonus, can you apply for VSP? My gut says no, but then again that sounds like a rip off because i'm betting they still look at you for the RIF?...ideas?

My bet says yes. The only guys who have been able to take the 1/2 upfront option in recent years have been 11F's, and they're ineligible anyway. So I bet you can apply and if selected, your bonus only paid you out for those additional years you served past your original commitment.

Does anything say what amount you would receive for VSP? Is it a set in stone formula or something they could change for this announcement? I would be interested to see those numbers versus the RIF separation pay and see what would pay more. According to the timeline with VSP you'd be out in Sept and with the RIF by January, so that's 5 months of pay you'd still be collecting if you got RIF'd instead of VSP, I know someone has run the numbers before but curious to see current FY14 numbers.