FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

If it is like the TERA program, if you have an approved date of separation, you will not be eligible to apply. These programs are to get out people who have not already expressed their desire to separate.

Sidebar:

Does anyone know what exactly the "Under assignment consideration" means with regards to being ineligible?

On the VML?

that's what I would think as well...but pure guess

Did anyone else notice this:

"All Selectively Continued Officers with greater than 15 but less than 19 total years of service are eligible for TERA and other voluntary programs, with the exception of the Following AFSCs: 11F/H/U, 12F/H/U, 13C/D/L, 18X ,52R"

This is great news (and -knock on wood- was my second best option) but could this possible lead to dudes tactically attempting to not get promoted to take advantage of an early out to airlines/industry?

This is great news (and -knock on wood- was my second best option) but could this possible lead to dudes tactically attempting to not get promoted to take advantage of an early out to airlines/industry?

For the love of all that is holy...please elaborate on what "tactically attempting" to not get promoted would be; is that a counterpart to "strategically attempting" to not get promoted? This is going to be awesome...

Bendy

Here you go.

So, it says "AFSCs colored red are not eligible for the voluntary programs being offered". Does that mean we are still eligible for the involuntary programs...IE the RIF?.

Logically, I would say that it makes sense that if you are not eligible for a voluntary program you are safe from the involuntary programs. However, we are dealing with the people that think glow belt wearing directly correlates to my ability (or lack thereof) to deliver weapons on target.

The little bit of morale that I have left will quickly be zapped by having to put a RIF package together for a board in which my chances of getting RIF'ed (due to manning of my AFSC) being zeron

So, it says "AFSCs colored red are not eligible for the voluntary programs being offered". Does that mean we are still eligible for the involuntary programs...IE the RIF?. 

Logically, I would say that it makes sense that if you are not eligible for a voluntary program you are safe from the involuntary programs. However, we are dealing with the people that think glow belt wearing directly correlates to my ability (or lack thereof) to deliver weapons on target. 

The little bit of morale that I have left will quickly be zapped by having to put a RIF package together for a board in which my chances of getting RIF'ed (due to manning of my AFSC) being zeron

The FAQ we got briefed said RIF/involuntary would consider everyone regardless of AFSC...we have to have quality people everywhere /sarcasm

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but to be eligible to apply for VSP, you have to be facing the RIF board. The guidance states that you have to have one year TIG to face the RIF board. The timeline slide shows the projected board to be in Jun/Jul, so a majority of the '03 year group will be ineligible due to the fact that it took forever to pin them on.

Our briefing said only those that are RIF eligible would be VSP eligible. They also anticipate a few people would get denied VSP but then RIF's. They hoped those types would get VSP benefits from the RIF board. At least that was what I got out of our official rumor brief. I don't have the time or care to read through their legalese.

I don't trust the Air Force to get much right with all of this but I was briefed that not everyone will meet the RIF board. I would have a hard time believing that they will have 11/12F/H etc meet a RIF board when they are ineligible for voluntary programs.

I don't know, all I know is there isn't a voluntary way out for all us LTs (not that I am looking for one but some have expressed interest) but we still will face a force shaping board.

Edited by Fuzz

I'm facing a 365 that's why I'm hoping I can VSP.

From the mypers help section

Thank you for contacting the myPers - Total Force Service Center via the E-mail Us option. Officer VSP is one of the projected programs under the FY14 Force Management however, no guidance has been released as of yet. It is currently projected to start in Jan 2014 but that is subject to change. Once specific details are available, AFPC will provide official personnel messages and public news releases that will be posted on www.afpc.af.mil and www.af.mil. At that time, Airmen will be able to visit myPers at https://mypers.af.mil to read the personnel messages and guidance on eligibility and applications.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but to be eligible to apply for VSP, you have to be facing the RIF board. The guidance states that you have to have one year TIG to face the RIF board. The timeline slide shows the projected board to be in Jun/Jul, so a majority of the '03 year group will be ineligible due to the fact that it took forever to pin them on.

And '04 is on a promotion list.

So I'm 11M and I'm assuming everyone that is in the 1998-2008 will be RIF eligible unless they get enough volunteers. Also no mention of VSP in the latest news.

Not necessarily. Less than one year TIG or on a promotion list are supposedly ineligible.

Guest LumberjackAxe

So what I understand is that all AFSC's and all year groups (2012, 2011, 2010...) are going to be facing a RIF board? I'm an Lt 11M, and don't have CAC access right now, so I can't log in, but would like to know what kind of Christmas present I should be expecting.

I don't think that is correct. If you have between 6 & 18 years of service, you will face a RIF board (meaning you can get separation pay). If you are less than 6 years, you will face a Force Shaping Board (no separation pay)...sorry if you fit in that category.

Guest LumberjackAxe

I don't think that is correct. If you have between 6 & 18 years of service, you will face a RIF board (meaning you can get separation pay). If you are less than 6 years, you will face a Force Shaping Board (no separation pay)...sorry if you fit in that category.

Oh, well, shit.

So what I understand is that all AFSC's and all year groups (2012, 2011, 2010...) are going to be facing a RIF board? I'm an Lt 11M, and don't have CAC access right now, so I can't log in, but would like to know what kind of Christmas present I should be expecting.

Yeah if you are 09+ you face the FSB and get no sep pay if selected...also not eligible for VSP