Webmail (home Outlook email) issues

DFRESH

MountainHerc,

Are you keeping up with queep at home while you are downrange....if so, stop it!

Here's my plan that has worked for the last 16.9 years:

1) when getting ready for leave, TDY, deployment, etc, put the ol out of office reply to work.

2) enjoy your time away from the squadron...it will not burn down and the wheels will keep on turning while you are gone...trust me. You are not as important as you think you are. However, you are a unique snowflake---just like everyone else!

3) when you return, open up outlook and delete every email you got while gone....don't spend even a second reading them. If it was that important, that person already found the info they needed or they will write/email/call back at a later date.

BLOB (that's the lesser used Bottom Line On Bottom): concentrate on the mish downrange and stop giving a shit about the squadron running's back home...it will be there when you RTB safety!

Check 6!

Cap-10

4)

I couldn't agree more about the squadron still being there when I get back, but I'm trying to get out of there. I needed some of the emails in my inbox to help put together packages for guard unit applications and get my second attempt at Palace Chase together.

I think people are getting too wrapped around the axle over what Cap said. If there is something so important that it needs to get done overnight, my boss has either told me to stay and work on it, or come in on a Sunday. This has been the exception in my short career and in each case warranted. Other than that, I'm not working on shit at home.

• Upvote 1

We've got this new one going on - AFNET will wipe your profile after 90 days non-use. So far all my Operators out here at Offutt who deploy for 100 days.. they come back to a nice clean workstation with no docs/files/favorites.

I'm working with the 3 organizations that "manage" what we're calling our network now. Three.. and they don't communicate, or exist near each other.

ESD had a DCO conference the other day. Some of their stats are... shocking. As is the fact that AFSPC seriously under-estimated demand.. then under-manned the positions, then slashed the contractors during sequestration. Basically you're calling an organization that's manned 1/2 of what it was before Christmas.

So, thank AFSPC for once again managing a domain they could really not give a shit about (hi Nukes!) and blaming that community for it's own problems.

Good news, if you're having problems you can ask/push your base Comm. Sq about Federated Rights which is returning many of admin privileges to the base. I know at my base we did a hard push for it (and then an upper agency has since sat on it..) and we're hoping to get help to our customers soon.

• 5 weeks later...