Webmail (home Outlook email) issues

DFRESH

Nope can't access mine either, I thought it was because the AF was blocking streaming therefore I couldn't watch that stupid video and therefore couldn't access my email. That would have been a better irony than comm having problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody able to access it from work right now? I've been unable to access it from work (no issues at home). I'm trying to get comm to help, but they are really struggling to understand the concept that the website works everywhere but here at work.

'Cept I work at a guard base near you, and my outlook only gives me my @ang.af.mil email, I used to use webmail to check my @us.af.mil address with no issues. I'm aware of the ability to have all @us emails forwarded to my @ang, but I'm about to PCS and don't want to unfuck that the day after it finally works (if ever).

DFRESH, web mail doesn't work at work, b/c you're already logged into the network. At least that's the case at DM.

Works for me - I have had to use it when Outlook goes down, but the network is still up.

There's a lot of issues that go into this. Site might have gotten blocked upstream by a NOSC/NOC/Nerds incorrectly implementing some firewall rules (which happens a ton), and/or loss of the webmail connection to the certificate servers.

These days it's almost always 99.9999 (repeating of course) the fault of a higher level entity making broad changes without thinking about the Ops impact.

• 3 months later...

Did the search, so no previous topics....but if needs moving please go ahead...

Anyone had any luck getting to official email from home?

I have CAC reader and when I click on the appropriate bases link it will recognize the two certs on my card. I click either one and then get a message that the web page is unable to load.

I asked my comm folks and they were zero help. I'm running windows 8 on a newish computer and didn't add any unique software or drivers. I did a google search and get about a million different recommendations that look dubious at best.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Catbox

Usually you have to download some software from AF Portal first, then install it on your computer. Generally, that means burning as disc from work. Just search Outlook Web Access on the Portal.

Annoying to get started, but saves having to bring a .gov laptop on TDY.

*Most importantly: Don't let anyone know you have home email access! Just use it so you don't get blindsided on Monday mornings. Better to feign ignorance than to explain to the boss why your family weekend was more important than checking OWA.

• Upvote 1

I followed the directions (both with the windows 8 workaround and activex install) and still get this message after entering my pin:

The page cannot be displayed Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Try the following:

• Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
    • Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
      • Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)

Me thinks it's down. It recently migrated from the standard webmail that's been around for quite some time to a shitty "Outlook light" version that has many of the features removed. Just tried to log in and it's not working. We use the Scott site: https://scottapc.mail.us.af.mil/OWA/

Outlook light is because IE11 isn't compatible with the shit version of OWA we run. Put that bitch in compatibility mode and you'll get your regular OWA back.

Catbox, try adding /owa to the end of the OWA address you use.

Example: https://basename.mail.af.mil/owa

Some bases have restricted the basic OWA URL from loading and the fucktards don't know how to set up a proper redirect.

• Upvote 1

Outlook light is because IE11 isn't compatible with the shit version of OWA we run. Put that bitch in compatibility mode and you'll get your regular OWA back.

You just fixed a problem that made my computer folks give me the thousand yard stare. Thanks.