15 year retirements on the table

The person I spoke at AFPC today said that the TERA (retirement) matrix will come out on the 29th of this month so don't be fooled by the officer sustainment matrix (or whatever it's called) that's been posted since the begining of time. This is not the one that determines TERA eligibility. Although I don't have enough years to retire, I am curious to see what AFSCs are eligible in case this comes back again when I'm eligible. However, my guess is acquisitions, 11x, and nuclear geeks will get the shaft like the last VSP.

Eligibility matrix is up; no rated AFSCs.

No surprise, not eligible for any of the other voluntary outs anyway.

That matrix is stupid. PSDM says you MUST be in commissioning year groups 94-98. Why show all those other years? Goes to show me they didn't really put a lot of effort into it and probably haven't even really looked at the rated force.

Edited by Fifty-six & Two

That matrix is stupid. PSDM says you MUST be in commissioning year groups 94-98. Why show all those other years? Goes to show me they didn't really put a lot of effort into it and probably haven't even really looked at the rated force.

That is unpossible...I was told on another thread that there was a glut of rated officers with 15-19 years of service that we don't need to stay in. Either someone doesn't know what they are talking about, or AFPC didn't look a the rated force. My source is an anonymous self-proclaimed 'senior leader' poster on the interwebs who insists he knows A1 better than us pilot weenies, so it MUST be true!

On a more serious note, maybe AFPC is beginning to see the light with their rated manning and the pilot hiring boom that keeps getting put off a year every year....nah, who am I kidding, that isn't a serious note either!

Don't get your hopes up on this 15-year retirement deal. If the AF was serious about using this as force reduction tool, they wouldn't have so many restrictions. The Air Force knows this would trigger the mass exodus that they know they can't afford...especially on the rated side, and especially as they just sweetened the 'retention pay' deal for so many. It would be too soon... So, "no 15-year retirement for you pilot weenies, suck it up and be thankful you're even here" as an old quiet friend of BODN might say...

Edit to add another cheap shot...

Edited by BitteEinBit
  • Upvote 1

That is unpossible...I was told on another thread that there was a glut of rated officers with 15-19 years of service that we don't need to stay in. Either someone doesn't know what they are talking about, or AFPC didn't look a the rated force.

As loath as I am to defend a Klingon, this really isn't unpossible. Listening to you guys talk, even the balanced individuals, leans me heavily into the later portion of your comment. Even more when I remember what happened with you all and VSP.

Edit to add another cheap shot...

Approve. :salut:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tempted enough to put in my applications in the airline apps (and have received phone calls) as well as corporate aviation departments (had an interview on 26 Dec). Have an interview with 2 Legacy airlines in May -- because I'm deployed.

Most likely, though, I'll stick around until 20 and get the 50%…."timing is everything", and I missed out an a couple of those times (housing market, etc).