Contact  |  Baseops Wiki  |  Military Pay  |  Military Discounts  |  Air  Force UPT  |  Aviation  Jobs   |  Aviation  Medicine   |  Pilot Supplies  |  Donate

• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Bremont T-38 Watch

Bremont T-38 Watch

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Cap-10

Cap-10

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

Seeing the Bremont watches mentioned in the other thread made me think about sharing some information here.

A guy in my squaron recently contacted Bremont and asked about a starting a custom order for a T-38 watch. Now that the mightly Talon has Martin Baker ejection seats, we though about using a watch in their Martin Baker (MB) Line.

Price: similiar to Breitling watches....normally go for $4-5K retail...our price would be approx $2669! The price includes:

MB II Watch: http://www.bremont.c...b/mbii#selector
T-38 Gods eye view at the 9 o'clock position (see page 1 of attachement below).
2 straps: Calf-skin leather strap and NATO military nylon strap.
Your choice of barrell color (Gray, Orange, Green, or Blue)...matching color threat highlights in the NATO Strap (see attachment below)
Engraved Case back: perfect for Name or Callsign or Date (up to 8 digits).

Time: from placement of order to watches in hand: 24 weeks.

I know some guys are thinking, "who the hell is Bremont, I want a Breitling watch"...I have seen the Bremont B-52 watch (http://www.bremont.com/military) and my squadron buddy has put hands on a generic MB II at a jewerly store. The watches are well put together and look and feel very sturdy. Weight and size would be comparable to a Breitling B-1...not heiniously large or heavy, but you definetly know you are wearing a watch. Customer service in the manner of correspondence from them and their generation of sample designs (see pdf below) in only a few days, has been nothing but pleasant!

Talon drivers at NASA, Raptor Aggressors, U-2/B-2 bases, Edwards Test, UPT bases...please feel free to spread the word.

If you are interested, PM me.

Cheers,

Cap-10

Note: Attached images are Copyrighted by Bremont, used with their permission.

Attached File  T-38 - Designs 1.pdf   1.8MB   358 downloads
http://www.river-rats.org/

Hard work often pays of over time, but procrastination always pays off now!

Life as a drill status guardsman pilot is not all fine whiskey, leather recliners, ESPN, Cuban cigars and super hot 22 year old virgin hookers who have pussies that taste like strawberries (at least not 100% of the time and depending on the unit). - Rainman

#2 CHS17

CHS17

Flight Lead

• Super User
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Definitely second Bremont! I'm #85 on the Globemaster side. The C-17 watch garnered enough attention beyond the community that it became the ALT-1WT (may have been the plan all along). Also agree on the customer service. When they had a shortage of metal bracelets and couldn't ship mine with the watch they threw in a pair of cufflinks for the trouble. Up and coming band in Britain, check 'em out.

#3 itsokimapilot

itsokimapilot

Flight Lead

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

I looked at getting a Breitling decided on the C-17 Bremont. It is a really nice watch. My dad has been in the jewelry business for over 30 years. He hadn't heard of Bremont and was disappointed when I decided on Bremont. Once he saw it he was as impressed as me. The things he thought made this a good high end watch: solid stainless steel band, sapphire crystal, and the movement. it's a nicer watch than a Brietling of similar cost.

#4 Cap-10

Cap-10

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Forgot to mention, all Bremont watches have a 3 year warranty!!!

Cheers,

Cap-10

Life as a drill status guardsman pilot is not all fine whiskey, leather recliners, ESPN, Cuban cigars and super hot 22 year old virgin hookers who have pussies that taste like strawberries (at least not 100% of the time and depending on the unit). - Rainman

#5 Standby

Standby

Crew Dawg

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

Any chance they'll give the group order price for their version w/out the Talon?

Autopilot off. Awesome pilot on.

#6 Cap-10

Cap-10

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Change 1:

Bremont has offered to "do more" than the original design posted above.

Looking for things that are T-38 specific...Talon DNA if you will...shooting for this to be more than just a gods eye talon at the 9 o clock posit.

When I think T-38, I think:
1) white rocket---this could be an all white face, or maybe a gray (current dark gray) with a white talon at 3 or 9
2) red/white pitot tube---maybe have the seconds hand be red/white stripped
3) coke bottle/area rule design---maybe a 2 tone face with the white hourglass shape in the middle and newer gray color on the sides
4) talon driver patch

Soliciting your ideas for how to incorporate T-38 DNA into a watch design...ideas will be funneled to Bremont.

Amazing opportunity to be involved with the creation of an original watch design.

Cheers,

Cap-10

#7 HU&W

HU&W

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

You could always make the background look like the standby ADI after acro, or even just an inverted ADI.

Functionally, recommend high contrast, easy to read numbers and hands, zulu hand, and loud alarm.

If you really want T-38 DNA though, you'll have to find a way to get it to talk to you under 240 knots clean and in the final turn.

#8 matmacwc

matmacwc

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Or the gear isn't down and locked.
Gubmint do take a bite, don't she?

#9 lazlo

lazlo

Crew Dawg

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

And tell you "download complete"...

#10 Cap-10

Cap-10

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

What about a honeycomb design for the faceplate, homage to the AC vent...bonus points if it actually shoots water/ice pellets.

Cheers,

Cap-10

#11 FallingOsh

FallingOsh

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

homage to the AC vent...

please stop

#12 10percenttruth

10percenttruth

Flight Lead

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

What about a honeycomb design for the faceplate, homage to the AC vent...bonus points if it actually shoots water/ice pellets.

Cheers,

Cap-10

Super extra bonus points if it screams at you in Japanese & won't "TURN THE FVCKING HEAT OFF!! O-F-F!!!"

#13 HU&W

HU&W

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Super extra bonus points if it screams at you in Japanese & won't "TURN THE FVCKING HEAT OFF!! O-F-F!!!"

On that note, you could just make the watch randomly alternate between unbearably hot and frigid cold.

#14 BUSTED

BUSTED

SNAP

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

You could create two independent watch hands (flap motors) and have two independent watch batteries (AC generators). Both hands (flap motors) will run off the same battery (generator) for no logical reason...

... And you could put absolutely nothing useful except for the backlight on the other battery (generator).

#15 Napoleon_Tanerite

Napoleon_Tanerite

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Put a ridiculously small battery in it, such that if you do not leave the house immediately after putting it on you have to go back home and cancel your plans for the day.

#16 Vetter

Vetter

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Drinking good (and bad)beer. Flying the Hog. Making fun of European "culture".

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

You have to wind it up every .9.

#17 SurelySerious

SurelySerious

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

I know some guys are thinking, "who the hell is Bremont, I want a Breitling watch"...

Write up telling the background for Bremont in the WSJ this weekend: Aviation Watches With a History of Daring

The story behind Bremont is so dramatic, one would be forgiven for thinking it's a work of marketing fiction. It begins about 30 years ago in the genteel Oxfordshire town of Henley-on-Thames, where the siblings' father, an aeronautical engineer, taught them to fly planes at an early age. In 1995, Nick joined his father for a flight in a vintage two-seater fighter plane. The plane crashed, killing the elder Mr. English and leaving a barely alive Nick facing a long road to recovery.

The tragic accident transformed the brothers' lives. Both left lucrative jobs in finance to search for something more fulfilling. Their father had often bought old clocks and watches that Nick and Giles happily disassembled and reassembled in the family garage. Recalling those mechanical adventures, the brothers decided in 2002 to start a watch brand. After five years of research and testing, Bremont's first watch hit the market. The company name is yet another dramatic tale. In the late '90s, while flying over France, the brothers were forced by inclement weather to land in a farmer's field. The hospitable farmer's name: Antoine Bremont.

#18 Cap-10

Cap-10

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Update...

We have forwarded some ideas to the Bremont folks and they are working on some additional mock ups....potential ideas included a color jet instead of the wire diagram on the first mock up, "talon driver" patch, red/white striped second hand, white dial face (white rocket)...I don't expect all of them crammed into one design.

I think the MB (Martin Baker) model is still the favorite, but a couple other models have been mentioned as well.

Excited to see what the Bremont folks come up with...I'll post info when I get it.

Cheers,

Cap-10

#19 Cap-10

Cap-10

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

Got an email from the Bremont Mil Rep that the T-38 watch is on deck for the designers.

Bremont has been swamped with special military orders...check out their Facebook page to see some of their recent additions.

I will post the new designs when I get them.

To all those that are interested, thanks for being patient!

Cap-10

#20 di1630

di1630

Flight Lead

• Super User
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Got an email from the Bremont Mil Rep that the T-38 watch is on deck for the designers.

Bremont has been swamped with special military orders...check out their Facebook page to see some of their recent additions.

I will post the new designs when I get them.

To all those that are interested, thanks for being patient!

Cap-10

Cap-10...any updates?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bremont, T-38, Watch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users