T-38 Crash Sheppard AFB (Pilots Ejected Safely)

Infamous

Back in my day, we had to wear parachutes and the final turn would kill you... :airman:

The final turn is still deadly!

Even though the new MB seat has better capes (it is 0/0) than the old seat, the 3000-4000 VVI and 45 degrees bank angle in the final turn is still a bitch...getting wings level, althought still with a hearty sink rank, increases your survival chances immensely!!

We also still use 2K/15K for controlled/un-controlled bailout altitudes, which are the same numbers for the old seat IIRC.

Cheers,

Cap-10

Anybody care to bitch about the RCP visibility of the new seat now? Martin baker puts the old seat to shame.

I don't see anything about that particular ejection that the "old" T-38 seat would have had problems with.

Seems that the chute wasn't too far away from the RCP canopy and the burning wreckage isn't too far away either.

Low altitude ejection?!?!

I bet it all happened very quickly.

Thanks Martin Baker and the Life Supoort Troops!

Cheers,

Cap-10

• Upvote 1

Don't you get the option of getting the seat too (after a certain amount of time)? We've had one in every squadron bar I've been apart of. We have the one from our Sq/CC ejecting in the 13th. It'd be a hell of an office/bar chair. Here's to AFE, and to friend and mentor Alec Littler and all of those that the new seat was years too late. :beer:

Don't you get the option of getting the seat too (after a certain amount of time)? We've had one in every squadron bar I've been apart of. We have the one from our Sq/CC ejecting in the 13th. It'd be a hell of an office/bar chair. Here's to AFE, and to friend and mentor Alec Littler and all of those that the new seat was years too late. :beer:

A few years late indeed. To Littler and Funk. :beer: :beer:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...