How are guard units handling the furlough?

189Herk

How is your unit handling the Furlough as far as being on a military status on your furlough day?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How is your unit handling the Furlough as far as being on a military status on your furlough day?

• Not allowed at all
    • UTA/FTPs allowed only
    • Above except also AT days
    • All of the above as well as MPA days

I'm not in a flying unit but in our wing if ARTs have not hit their 30 day AT max, they're being allowed to come in on furlough days using AT man days. However, they're not supposed to do anything regarding their technician jobs, including answering the phone or emails. They are supposed to strictly do their military/UTA job. How that's going to work in practice, who knows, but I've been signing orders all week so a couple of guys can use AT days.

Traditionals are unaffected. UTAs and AT/ST days as per normal.

AGRs unaffected.

We have AT days for techs, but they have to document what training they are accomplishing. RUTAs also through August.

We have AT days for techs, but they have to document what training they are accomplishing. RUTAs also through August.

Same. AT days up to 30, then ST for those that have hit 30 with good justification.

How are they handling the furlough?

A few guys were grumpy when I came in for Guard weekend. Got yelled at by an ex-chief for using "his truck". You know, the truck that looked like all the other trucks, it just had no name or assignment number on it.