Contact  |  Baseops Wiki  |  Military Pay  |  Military Discounts  |  Air  Force UPT  |  Aviation  Jobs   |  Aviation  Medicine   |  Pilot Supplies  |  Donate

• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Super Hornet question.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Ribox12

Ribox12

SNAP

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Is the Super Hornet still capable against emerging threats from the Mig-35 and Flanker Series?
It seems that the Super Hornet and Mig/Flankers have the same agility and same weapon, systems package. Their both heavy weight fighters. But the Super Hornet and Flanker is just a competitive match in a WVR/BVR fight. But the the SH seems to have the better systems, avionics and weapons. While they both are equally great in WVR, but the SH has far better nose authority (to point the nose where it wants to go). But the Flanker seems to be better at speed. But we'll determine if that fight really happens.

Also is it still still capable/good in the Air Superiority role as its secondary mission?
Even from avionics APG-79, sensors pilot and its things needed, should make it a capable/great Air-to-Air fighter against other fighters. The SH is only lacking the acceleration and speed. But the EPE Engines should help the kinematic performance and should increase A2A capability against faster higher flying targets in A2A. The Super Hornet has JHMCS Aim-9x APG-79, AIM-120's to follow up to be capable again in A2A. However it's reciving new Block III upgrade for IRST (Another important thing in A2A) etc.

It's survivable and it's got good dogfighting abilities and great manuverablility armed with A2A missiles. Also great aerodynamic performance while carrying missiles.

#2 matmacwc

matmacwc

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Where are your AMRAAMs and can I count them?

Douche is fishing.

Edited by matmacwc, 15 July 2013 - 02:17 PM.

Gubmint do take a bite, don't she?

#3 Tonka

Tonka

Flight Lead

• Super User
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Their both heavy weight fighters.

Whos? Theirs? and all this time, I thought they were aircraft.
Posted Image

This thread's going nowhere... 1 chance to save it... Ring Girls:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image\\Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 DFRESH

DFRESH

Gray Beard

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Very nicely done with the ring girls save!

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. Government is force; like fire it is a dangerous servant -- and a fearful master."
—George Washington, 1797

#5 schokie

schokie

Flight Lead

• Super User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

I might be counting about 14 total AMRAAM's or 12x AMRAAMS.

Posted Image

Wrong. There are only 8 AMRAAMs in that picture. That is why you're not being taken seriously. Among other reasons of course.

Tonka,
God bless you. What an amazing post.

#6 Steve Holt!

Steve Holt!

SNAP

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

The hornet's thrust vectoring, combined with the fact that it's the only airplane that can fly underwater, make it better than most modern russian fighters, in my opinion.

#7 Ribox12

Ribox12

SNAP

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

The hornet's thrust vectoring, combined with the fact that it's the only airplane that can fly underwater, make it better than most modern russian fighters, in my opinion.

Hornets don't have TVC on them. They have a unlimited AoA unit from ~50+ AoA. But the hornet and Super Hornet have great maneuverability at high and slow speeds. the Super Hornet has the manuverablility of a Russian fighter :)

Edited by Ribox12, 15 July 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#8 10percenttruth

10percenttruth

Flight Lead

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

The hypersonic cruise, coupled with clean-burning flux capacitance engines give it a huge advantage over the X-wing in all regimes of inter- & exo-atmospheric flight. Combine that with the recent addition of dual phase plasma cannons in the 40-watt range make it the most formidable fighter ever flown. If the pilot has a high thetan count, the effect on the super hornets lethality is exponentially increased.

#9 Breckey

Breckey

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

The only thing that could make the Super Hornet more *lethal would be an FE....or a nav.

*edit for spell-foo

Edited by Breckey, 15 July 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#10 brickhistory

brickhistory

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

And a dictionary...
What's his plan? A Russian doesn't take a dump without a plan.

#11 HeloDude

HeloDude

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

The hypersonic cruise, coupled with clean-burning flux capacitance engines give it a huge advantage over the X-wing in all regimes of inter- & exo-atmospheric flight. Combine that with the recent addition of dual phase plasma cannons in the 40-watt range make it the most formidable fighter ever flown. If the pilot has a high thetan count, the effect on the super hornets lethality is exponentially increased.

It's by far the best spec-ops fighter in the world, hands down.

#12 DFRESH

DFRESH

Gray Beard

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Recommend "EPIC" title addition
Boobs, Russian troll, and spec-ops fighter all in one.

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. Government is force; like fire it is a dangerous servant -- and a fearful master."
—George Washington, 1797

#13 matmacwc

matmacwc

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Oops my mistake thanks for the correction. :( What do you mean by not taken seriously from other ways and that. This is a serious question. I'm not here being a delusional on a post

Or speaking good english

Plus 10% nailed it, we just don't talk about the particle beam death ray (PBDR).

Somebody IP address this fool, my guess is India or Pakistan.

Edited by matmacwc, 15 July 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#14 Beaver

Beaver

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Cleveland
http://forum.keypubl...eam&type=photos

And I'm pretty sure Pakistani.

Edited by Beaver, 15 July 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Gunga-galunga, gunga gunga-galunga

#15 snizz

snizz

Flight Lead

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

My money is on Spider-Man.

#16 brickhistory

brickhistory

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Anybody got the number to NSA?

Or is me typing their initials good enough for them to start the process on this guy?
What's his plan? A Russian doesn't take a dump without a plan.

#17 matmacwc

matmacwc

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Move on, you have no formal education on military physics or the aircraft that I'm talking about. We should keep an eye on you. Mabye you being a delusional. But I'm keeping it nicely please go to another thread. I'm not a Pakistani or Indian you fool. Fools predict something ridiculous. :(

Your English is shit, your assumptions are shit, your attitude is shit. Leave now, many people on this forum know each other and what we do, and they are laughing at you.

#18 rancormac

rancormac

Flight Lead

• Super User
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

He should be smart enough to have different user names while digging..
http://www.abovetops...hread957126/pg1

Then again, nevermind.

#19 HercDude

HercDude

Gray Beard

• Supreme User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

I disagree. You need 1.21 gigawatts to activate the flux capacitor. I understand that both the PAK FA and the J-20 are equipped with a Mr. Fusion-type capacitance devise, far superior IMHO. I won't even get into the disparity in neural-net processors.

#20 Steve Holt!

Steve Holt!

SNAP

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hornets don't have TVC on them. They have a unlimited AoA unit from ~50°+ AoA. But the hornet and Super Hornet have great maneuverability at high and slow speeds. the Super Hornet has the manuverablility of a Russian fighter :)

I heard their AOA went up to 11 and that was more than enough, not sure where the 50 + comes from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users