Bent Aircraft

HeyEng

I heard some rumors at the KMC sports bar that two C-5M's collided during taxi and another C-17 landed short at Dover. There might have been some beers consumed by various crew members at said bar so I don't know how true either of these incidents are.

I heard some rumors at the KMC sports bar that two C-5M's collided during taxi and another C-17 landed short at Dover. There might have been some beers consumed by various crew members at said bar so I don't know how true either of these incidents are.

I can only tell you the C-17 rumor is false, they did not land short... They crashed 1000 feet short and the aircraft saved everyone's life. Much like the 777 in SFO. Caveat: The 777 had help from the flight attendants saving the lives.

I finally saw pictures of the damage and it looks like the visor is gone! I don't know if a visor can be replaced with one from another aircraft or not but I don't think the crews have to worry about being put in bravo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I finally saw pictures of the damage and it looks like the visor is gone! I don't know if a visor can be replaced with one from another aircraft or not but I don't think the crews have to worry about being put in bravo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Can you post the pics?, be interesting to see

WTF is a visor?

It's this thing we use to keep the sun out of our eyes because it hurts to wear sunglasses with headsets. We keep them stored in the galley right beside the coffee maker and the waffle iron. All you have to do is snap your fingers and point outside and the Nav jumps up and retrieves them.

• Upvote 3

I can only tell you the C-17 rumor is false, they did not land short... They crashed 1000 feet short and the aircraft saved everyone's life. Much like the 777 in SFO. Caveat: The 777 had help from the flight attendants saving the lives.

Maybe it's time to start putting booms on C-17s... for help reading the approach plates and general flight attendant duties..

Maybe it's time to start putting booms on C-17s... for help reading the approach plates and general flight attendant duties..

I thought that was what flight engineers were for, and now you're saying we need booms too? We're gonna have more people on a crew than the C-5s before long.

Edited by Fuzz

I thought that was what flight engineers were for, and now you're saying we need booms too? We're gonna have more people on a crew than the C-5s before long.

Well we're going to have to keep adding people until you can land on speed, in the zone, with the gear down, and at the correct airport.

• Upvote 1

Well we're going to have to keep adding people until you can land on speed, in the zone, with the gear down, and at the correct airport.

Are the strippers still an option??

I'll bet I can land on speed, in the zone, gear down, AND at the right airport with her sitting on my lap! Oh wait, my boom might be extended...

(that wasn't very officerlike of me was it?)

Pretty sure "on speed, in the zone, gear down, correct airport" transfers to "SOS DG, IPZ, AAD complete, with a DP and #1 strat" in that side of the Air Force.

From what I hear adding more pilots to the crew will be pretty easy since we have such a glut of 11Ms... especially in the C-17 community that is supposidly manned at something like 569%, right? Maybe we could use a boom in the cockpit though... then he can go back to tell his buddies how stupid they sound when they say, "Forward 1, Sir". And for the record... we do have multiple Guard C-17 units now, so their jets OBVIOUSLY have stripper poles installed already.

Edited by Rusty Pipes