Got an email today saying I have to fill out some certification in order to comply with some federal clean air act section 69b. My vehicle is registered in Florida, where no smog/emissions test is required. The FAQ in the email says you still have to fill out the form if you register your vehicle in a state that does not require testing. I answered truthfully (no tests done on my vehicles), and then got an email saying I have 30 days to have my cars checked. WTFO

Got an email today saying I have to fill out some certification in order to comply with some federal clean air act section 69b. My vehicle is registered in Florida, where no smog/emissions test is required. The FAQ in the email says you still have to fill out the form if you register your vehicle in a state that does not require testing. I answered truthfully (no tests done on my vehicles), and then got an email saying I have 30 days to have my cars checked. WTFO

Same BS happened to me. I honestly just didn't care enough to figure out how to fight it and ponied up the $30 for the smog check

Is your car registered on base? Had a buddy who was trying to register his car on base for tags and was told he has to do this also before he could get his tags. Well since we are a joint base I told him to go to the army side and try to register it there, they didn't give a crap and gave him his tags.

Edited by Fuzz
  • Upvote 1

Robot email from apims.af.mil

Insurance "location" is Tucson

Not registered on base

Should be done here in less than 90 days, selling the car after that (look for it on the new market forum in October!).

Robot email from apims.af.mil

Insurance "location" is Tucson

Not registered on base

Should be done here in less than 90 days, selling the car after that (look for it on the new market forum in October!).

Thats definitely an odd WTF. Best I can figure, it looks like the NSA has been gathering your data.

Edited by Fuzz

That's crazy. This ECARS crap has been a huge item out here at Beale since March. The bases are trying to comply with some federal regulation on smog checks or something. Just sounds like more queep to me.

Oh my god. My head is is spinning at the utter stupidity of this. Since we don't have to register vehicles at pass and tag anymore how do they keep track if you drive your car on base 60 days or more?

I don't think they do, I made the unfortunate mistake of filling out the survey so I was in their system and kept getting threatening emails.

Oh my god. My head is is spinning at the utter stupidity of this. Since we don't have to register vehicles at pass and tag anymore how do they keep track if you drive your car on base 60 days or more?

They don't...they did the bare minimum to comply with the law. Keep your head down and don't ask questions.

• Upvote 1

some site to register and prove to the fed govt that your vechicle has been emmissions tested, even if the state you claim residency in does not require said inspections.

I had to do this in CA for an Army base. Army guys were the ones forcing it. In six months I went on base with my car maybe 5 times. Next time, I'll park outside and walk...