Asiana 777 Crash at SFO

Butters

My God, I can't stop laughing.

My wife was like "what are you laughing at?" Pure comedy gold, Jerry...

More News and Les Nessman

“We sincerely regret the error and took immediate action to apologize, both in the newscast where the mistake occurred, as well as on our website and social media sites. Nothing is more important to us than having the highest level of accuracy and integrity, and we are reviewing our procedures to ensure this type of error does not happen again.”

Its my guess that he was quibbiling; trying to save face. :bash:

Asaiana just released the names of the pilots of 214: Captain Sum Ting Wong; Line Check Airman Wi To Lo; FO: Ho Lee Fuk; FO: Bang Ding Ow

Spur

Where did you find this off of the NTSB's page or press release? Either way...well done!

The 2013 Emmy award for TV news goes to....."dwum ro pease" : KTVU News San Francisco/Oakland CA!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Made my day. Literally, I have been laughing all day at the thought of how this shit could have happened. How many morons did this list of "names" make it through before it actually made it to air? Un-fucking-believable.

Good to have humor in the light of such a tragedy.

5.6M YouTube views in 2 days. Some of the comments on the YouTube "news" video are hilarious. One guy says the source has been identified as someone named "Bart Simpson." Well done, Spur. Well done indeed.

Latest headline:

Asiana Airlines says bogus pilot names report damaged its reputation

I guess the crash at SFO only slightly dinged their stellar name...

http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2Z32ox2IK

That checks. The media and education system in this country have VERY CLEARLY told me that self esteem is FAR more important than actual capability and performance.

Dang, I bet that whole crew never flies again. Asiana is probably looking to replace them. Do any of you guys know if they're hiring?

• Upvote 3

its long but it shows the complete automation of the landing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "complete automation". In the video, the Captain is the pilot flying and is actually manually flying the aircraft. He has the auto-throttles on for a while, eventually turns them off and the landing is not "automated". What is a little strange is the F/O appears to be holding the stick too during the approach. Maybe to use the radio button on it (although not necessary as there are others he could be using). I've never seen both pilots holding the yoke or stick on any aircraft while it's being hand-flown. The Airbus aircraft take both inputs from both sticks and sort-of averages them unless a cut-out switch (take control) switch is held on one stick or the other - so definitely not a good practice to have two sets of hands on the controls (kind of common sense in any aircraft). Edited by JeremiahWeed

I'm not sure what you mean by "complete automation". In the video, the Captain is the pilot flying and is actually manually flying the aircraft. He has the auto-throttles on but the landing is not "automated". What is a little strange is the F/O appears to be holding the stick too during the approach. Maybe to use the radio button on it (although not necessary as there are others he could be using). I've never seen both pilots holding the yoke or stick on any aircraft while it's being hand-flown. The Airbus aircraft take both inputs from both sticks and sort-of averages them unless a cut-out switch (take control) switch is held on one stick or the other - so definitely not a good practice to have two sets of hands on the controls (kind of common sense in any aircraft).

Yeah, that video was posted somewhere on the forum before. I never understood why the F/O was "flying" as well. Doing shit like that will get a co-pilot punched in the face. Best part of the video was the Captain's reaction to the F/O's botched radio for the approach instructions.