Engaged while at UPT

Guest kgp9549

Guest kgp9549

I just found this site and it seems very helpful for those who post questions on here so I guess I'll give it a go.

I have some questions about what my fiance and I should do when I leave for UPT next Spring. We have been together for 5 years and engaged for 7 months. We are going to wait until after UPT to get married but thats not the issue. The problem is being apart for a year, or more. I would consider asking her to come with me but she is will still be finishing up college so I can't ask her that. Honestly, how rough is it going to be for us next year when I leave. I am excited to go, I really can't wait. But at the same time its going to be a long year being away from her.

I would really appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Thanks for the help!

Ken

Guest kgp9549

Thanks. A lot of that info helped me sort through things quite a bit. What did you decide? Did you go to UPT on your own or did she come with?

Guest joeinsd37

ken, don't ask her to do anything you wouldn't do for her (not that you wouldn't do it). There will be many times in your career that she will have to give up alot for you. I would say to take the year apart while you do UPT and she finishes up class. Plus, you need as few distractions as possible during UPT.

Guest kirkhac

Ken,

The only advice that I can give you is don't let your relationship get in the way of what you are at UPT to do. Obviously, you are going to miss your fiance. I'm going through UPT without my wife and it sucks. I've seen guys who spend more time on the phone with their girlfriends then devoting the time that they need to studying and even just hanging out with the rest of the class when we do stuff together on weekends. It will isolate you from the rest of the class and affect your performance in training. Don't be that guy. You know that you two will be apart for a year and it is going to suck so try not to make it a problem for you when you're here. You'll have enough to worry about anyway. ;)