Decline of Baseops.net (aka The Wrath of PYB/Mods gone wild)

Guest CannonCrashPad

Guest CannonCrashPad

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED FROM THE IT'S STAYING INTACT SO THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PROOF THAT CCP/PYB IS A SOCIOPATH AND REMOVING HIM FROM THE FORUMS - WHILE THE WORK OF ONE MODERATOR - WAS AN ACTION SUPPORTED BY A MAJORITY OF THE FORUM MEMBERS.

- TORO

When this story first broke, I thought it was likely nonsense that the verdict of the high ranking jury was reversed by a general. Just from knowing the moral character of most of the bros, and especially those who make rank, I figured the guy probably did it. Of course I don't know, nor was I on the jury so that doesn't really matter. But after hearing a rumor of this guy looking over a stall to see some chick pissing, and now seeing that this "family man" cheated on his wife and didn't even wear a rubber, I think it's pretty clear.

And why would his wife lie to cover up for him? Because she made her bed, and now she's trying to be as comfortable in it as she can. A paycheck and retirement makes for good linens. And people of inferior moral character tend to be drawn together.

Just another black mark brought on all of us compliments of our "leadership," and just one of several daily reminders that we are failing to recruit or develop real principled character.

Edited by Toro
Added disclaimer
  • Upvote 1

When this story first broke, I thought it was likely nonsense that the verdict of the high ranking jury was reversed by a general....blah, blah, blah...Just another black mark brought on all of us compliments of our "leadership," and just one of several daily reminders that we are failing to recruit or develop real principled character.

Go back and read post #30 in this thread and try that again...

Guest CannonCrashPad

Go back and read post #30 in this thread and try that again...

Read it when it was posted, read it again. My response stays the same. Thanks.

When this story first broke, I thought it was likely nonsense that the verdict of the high ranking jury was reversed by a general. Just from knowing the moral character of most of the bros, and especially those who make rank, I figured the guy probably did it. Of course I don't know, nor was I on the jury so that doesn't really matter. But after hearing a rumor of this guy looking over a stall to see some chick pissing, and now seeing that this "family man" cheated on his wife and didn't even wear a rubber, I think it's pretty clear.

And why would his wife lie to cover up for him? Because she made her bed, and now she's trying to be as comfortable in it as she can. A paycheck and retirement makes for good linens. And people of inferior moral character tend to be drawn together.

Just another black mark brought on all of us compliments of our "leadership," and just one of several daily reminders that we are failing to recruit or develop real principled character.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Edited to let you try and explain.

I think he's trying to say that since the dude cheated on his wife years ago and hid it, that his lack of 'moral character' makes it more likely that he assaulted the one chick.

So according to CrashPad, cheating on your wife means you're more likely to rape a chick...great thought process going on there.

Guest CannonCrashPad

What I'm saying is if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... And I'm also saying that, in my personal experience, our ranks are not filled with particularly moral individuals. I'm not sure why that is shocking. There isn't an over abundance of honesty or courage, and those who get promoted don't typically do so without having a knack for being "creative" with the truth. As one commander said, "Commanders are not martyrs. We didn't get here by telling it like it is." This dude was on that track, and my own personal bias is the higher up you go, the less honest you are likely to be. You don't have to share my bias, but it is my bias and my observation of my own community, created from my experience. But it's just a broad brush as biases are.

That broad brush bias alone, of course, would not be enough for me to convict had I been on his jury. But other senior officers were, and they found against him. In word against word, it's important to have a record of integrity. And short of some marital agreement (unlikely), the fact that this guy cheated on his wife and violated his wedding vows, means he's likely an unprincipled liar. Cheating on your wife doesn't mean you're going to sexual assault a chick. But it is evidence that you are more likely to lie or break your word, or lie under oath. In my opinion. You're free to have your own opinions of course.

Guest CannonCrashPad

Boy, this slope here sure is slippery!

How so? Make yourself clear if you have a point.

How so? Make yourself clear if you have a point.

I'm assuming getting drunk and ######ing horny chicks on a Friday, then bullshitting your way out of a potentially negative situation on Monday to you is showing a complete lack of moral fiber. Congrats on being self-righteous.

Unfortunately you're being retarded in assuming that your bros lack of morality on your gauge equals a propensity for sexual assault.

And don't call them your "bros". If you're view on them is that of distrust and gall, then they are merely "coworkers".

Edited by Grabby
  • Upvote 1

Guest CannonCrashPad

I'm assuming getting drunk and ######ing horny chicks on a Friday, then bullshitting your way out of a potentially negative situation on Monday to you is showing a complete lack of moral fiber. Congrats on being self-righteous.

Unfortunately you're being retarded in assuming that your bros lack of morality on your gauge equals a propensity for sexual assault.

And don't call them your "bros". If you're view on them is that of distrust and gall, then they are merely "coworkers".

Outstanding response. I think you have proven my point. Thank you.

ETA: I just have to ask, given your handle, are you Wilkerson by chance?

Edited by CannonCrashPad

+100 No Substance

OK dude, since apparently the logics confuse you: You classified the military as on the whole having low moral character, while insinuating that you are morally superior to your "bros". Grabby pointed out that you are using slippery slope arguments (have you ever sped? you're a dangerous driver.) and noted your self-righteous tone. You dismissed his comments out of hand and compared him to someone you believe to be a sexual assaulter. You're being a douchebag. Stop.

Guest CannonCrashPad

OK dude, since apparently the logics confuse you: You classified the military as on the whole having low moral character, while insinuating that you are morally superior to your "bros".

Alright, I can't argue with "the logics" you bring, but only the facts. Yes, I did say that in my experience, Air Force aviators are of low moral character. Disagree if you want. But it's my experience. Deal with it.

Grabby pointed out that you are using slippery slope arguments (have you ever sped? you're a dangerous driver.) and noted your self-righteous tone.

No, that was Three Holer who brought up the slippery slope argument without detail.

You dismissed his comments out of hand and compared him to someone you believe to be a sexual assaulter.

I did nothing of the sort, I asked for clarification.

You're being a douchebag. Stop.

Look, I understand you're a little bitch who's ###### gets sandy when somebody in your community doesn't tell you that the community shits apples pie and farts the national anthem. I get it. You're a person of the earth, somebody of the common clay. You know...

But if you continue to insult me because I have an opinion you don't like about our community (and which I shared without insulting anybody), I may quite simply have to skull ###### you to death. Go ######ing play in traffic you little ###### stick. Thank you.

On a TDY a few years back the squadron rented a beach house. We decided to create a list of 10 house rules. Number 1 was "If everyone else in the room is an asshole, it might just be you." I can't claim credit for coming up with it, but I laughed when I first read it. I laughed mostly because was thinking of the times that I was convinced all of my bros in the squadron were assholes. Looking back, without a doubt, every time, it was me.

• Upvote 3

Alright, I can't argue with "the logics" you bring, but only the facts. Yes, I did say that in my experience, Air Force aviators are of low moral character. Disagree if you want. But it's my experience. Deal with it.

Not sure what squadrons you have been in, but I would have to say that my experience is the complete opposite. The guys I fly with are some of the best people I know. There have been a few that were not stand up citizens, they are far outweighed by those great people. Maybe that is the advantage of a Guard unit, and that is over a 20+ yr flying career.

• Upvote 1

But if you continue to insult me because I have an opinion you don't like about our community (and which I shared without insulting anybody), I may quite simply have to skull ###### you to death. Go ######ing play in traffic you little ###### stick. Thank you.

say_that_to_my_face_fucker.jpg

Guest CannonCrashPad

Nicely done Ram.

I don't know why a few of you want to side with the morality of those you work with, in an institution that most people know sucks, but hey have at it. I say our ranks suck. I say our ranks that get promoted suck even more.

You guys all say the same thing.....but you don't want to admit the failing is YOU and your BROS. It is.

It's not just Congress, it's not just government. It's you. It's the Americans who pay you.

We have lost our way, and despite your illusions of being the good guy, you're not.

Nicely done Ram.

I don't know why a few of you want to side with the morality of those you work with, in an institution that most people know sucks, but hey have at it. I say our ranks suck. I say our ranks that get promoted suck even more.

You guys all say the same thing.....but you don't want to admit the failing is YOU and your BROS. It is.

It's not just Congress, it's not just government. It's you. It's the Americans who pay you.

We have lost our way, and despite your illusions of being the good guy, you're not.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Edited by Flaco

Nicely done Ram.

Dude, I think you need to sit the next few plays out.

Dude, I think you need to sit the next few plays out.

Nope, CannonCrashPad is done not only here; but on BaseOps completely. He's a troll, and honestly may have been PYB reincarnated...

He is gone. Good riddance.

• Upvote 7