Decline of Baseops.net (aka The Wrath of PYB/Mods gone wild)

Guest CannonCrashPad

But I tell you what, if anyone feels CCP/PYB was treated unfairly, feel free to post up a comment in this thread. If a majority of the people on here agree, I will reinstate his account and offer an apology. That is the democratic process in action, something he can't help but agree with being such a diehard patriot.

The silence is deafening (this coming from someone who didn't mind him, and thought this guy was just another Helodude or Nsplyr). Sorry CCP/PYB you screwed yourself here (again).

I like dissenting opinion. Truly, I do. The most fun I have in my AAD courses is lobbing the "this doctrine sucks" grenade followed by the "and here is why" napalm.

What disturbs me is that all it took to really unhinge him was being called out on his rather poor slippery slope argument that Wilkerson cheated on his wife and therefore could never be trusted/was a sexual criminal. I don't know if Wilkerson was or was not these things but I know the argument was based on a logical fallacy (as are most internet arguments, reference, for example that my declaration of slippery slope was intentionally couched in the chosen phraseology to make an ad hominem attack against his CCP persona).

It also disturbs me how quickly he devolved into rabid mouth-frothing with strong anti-social/psychotic leanings...I think Rainman had this one called from the first time. The boy needs some help.

I also think it was hilarious that he never realized that some of us pegged him as PYB from his first post and have just been waiting for the meltdown.

• Upvote 1

Just from knowing the moral character of most of the bros, and especially those who make rank, I figured the guy probably did it.

With that comment, he should have handed in his commission long ago since he apparently believes he only serves with individuals with low moral character, and that it only gets worse with rank. M2 - Thanks for kicking his ranting ass off BO.

• Upvote 1

I like dissenting opinion. Truly, I do....

From this, I infer that you mean informed and rational dissenting opinion that is constructive to a discussion. That guy's opinions were neither. Since we're using a democratic process here, I nominate him as a $5 name. Anyone who posts a reference of him with either of his screen names or a link to his mindless ramblings should be required to donate $5 to www.flyingsquadron.com. If we ignore him, his ego will implode and he will eventually disappear into nothingness.

• Upvote 1

But I tell you what, if anyone feels CCP/PYB was treated unfairly, feel free to post up a comment in this thread. If a majority of the people on here agree, I will reinstate his account and offer an apology. That is the democratic process in action, something he can't help but agree with being such a diehard patriot.

I promise I won't delete any posts unless they violate the first rule of the Squadron Bar established by Rich when he set it up, "Be civil, don't abuse it." I cannot promise NSA not doing the same...

On one hand I think all differing opinions should be welcomed (which for the most part they are) as long as people can explain their beliefs and reasonably respect others with different opinions...but on the other hand, he was being a total douchebag in this thread and definitely went well outside the realm from even being considered somewhat classy.

At first I would have been cool with putting him in timeout for a week to see how he would react, but when he wrote his silly and childish rant against M2, I think he lost his chance for appeal.

Oh, and douchebag, since I know you're reading this--I have had disagreements with M2 on several issues, including the LE debate, and not once did he 'threaten' me, was never disrespectful to me, etc. And just because it's worth mentioning, a couple years ago M2 personally put me in touch with some of his friends that do some sweet Saiga builds, so your accusations against him aren't adding up. I engage on here because I enjoy the spirited debate, and once in a while even learn to see something in a completely different way. You on the other hand do not wish to engage in the spirited, but yet respectful debate, as can be seen from what you wrote on here the other day. You obviously have a lot of passion for your beliefs, which is good...but on the other hand, if you piss everybody off, then you have failed to effectively share your passion with anybody else.

...my apologies if I have violated the 'civil/don't abuse' rule.

• Upvote 1

On one hand I think all differing opinions should be welcomed (which for the most part they are) as long as people can explain their beliefs and reasonably respect others with different opinions...but on the other hand, he was being a total douchebag in this thread and definitely went well outside the realm from even being considered somewhat classy.

At first I would have been cool with putting him in timeout for a week to see how he would react, but when he wrote his silly and childish rant against M2, I think he lost his chance for appeal.

I'm sure even talking about this will lead to a ban.

I would say that my experience has not been as positive as yours. Everything was fine (I would cross the line once every couple of years or so but nothing too terrible), until I began asking questions about your positions, because I honestly didn't understand, and was trying to learn something in a thread about guns (aka the one personal hot button pet issue), and dude seriously flipped out on me on the board and through PM. The PM's were rather threatening and...emotional, and I took this to mean I'm not allowed to talk about guns, ever. While PYB kind of screwed himself by going too far, I wouldn't call this place a bastion of free speech, either. But, it is what it is.

I tried to post a comment to his blog once, specifically on the absolutely asinine attack he posted against Rainman, associating him with the apparently gay Marine Colonel from American Beauty. It was just so ludicrous and specious that I felt something had to be said…but from what I gathered was by design, the registration process to actually post a comment was so time consuming it quickly became not worth my time. I kind of got the idea he didn’t really want any comments…irony after the rant against M2?

Where I’m working now I sit in the same row as the RPA LNOs and none of them has ever heard of him. I have this theory that if he were half as bold as he says he is, he would be legendary at least in his community, if not the AF. One of his blogs says he was recently cleared of some rather serious charges (I gathered article 15, maybe even court martial), in this blog he says that all of this LOCs and LORs were used against him (if true, whoa, surprise!) but that the convening authority had the good grace to read through between the lines of his previous indiscretions to see what a true patriot he was and the fact that he was only standing up against the system—I call bullshit.

My theory is that he has just as much frustration against the system as we do, but in his mind he see’s himself as a grand crusader. In action however, he doesn’t do shit which makes him feel like the ineffectual moron he is. Because he can’t shake the finger at himself he goes on his big-little-man blog and (when allowed) BO.net and publicly shames the rest of us for not taking the action to stand up against the system.

In other words…he’s f-ing nuts.

Edited by Catbox

Since he is flying RPAs now, he may go rogue with a drone. I hear the 1626 kill guy may be looking for a job. They may team up. Watch out for circling drones M2.

They don't fly with FE's though, so they might not run the right checklists.

Imagine the publicity stunt that will unfurl if he is ever given a target that he finds questionable. He is in the perfect community to take a noble stand. I can see the headlines now.

It would have to be a bizzare set of circumstances. He is in the perfect community to be "selectively removed" from the kill chain on a day to day basis, all while providing his services as seatmeat the rest of the time. Keep in mind, it's not as though he is strapped in his own jet, operating with autonomy away from leadership. My bet is that they (leadership) already have the threat template, and have the situation under control.

• Upvote 1

M2 loves to collect guns, and I would imagine somewhere in his collection he's probably got one or two from that war of the German variety.

I thought M2 liked to collect Kalashnikovs. Wouldn't that make him a commie?

M2 loves to collect guns, and I would imagine somewhere in his collection he's probably got one or two from that war of the German variety.

I thought M2 liked to collect Kalashnikovs. Wouldn't that make him a commie?

Yo, M2...make with the Luger pics...PYB is accusing you have having fine tastes in firearms.

• Upvote 2

"The rumors are true, we are working on releasing new forums. We had a healthy forum in years past, but took them down as good discussion was occurring on the BaseOps.Net forums. Since Rich Hauben's unfortunate passing, however, the forums have been declining greatly. We will offer an alternative for airmen and others who take their service to our nation seriously. We will send out a special email to each of our 16,000+ registered users to introduce the launch of the new forum. Click Here to View!"

Read: everyone there keeps dogging me & kicking me off, so I'm taking my ball & going home.

We will send out a special email to each of our 16,000+ registered users...

Right...

WantsCheck dot com monthly pages viewed - 4,662

FlyingSquadron.com monthly pages viewed - 25,515

Source: URLmetrics

B...b...b...but he's got a DFC! He has air medals! How can you dare speak ill of him when he's such a bastion of freedom and warrior ethos?!?!?

Is it this guy? http://projects.militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awards/recipient.php?recipientid=43254 Caveat: I do not know PYB or the guy listed in this DFC citation. Information was found by a simple Google search. I don't know if they are the same person.