Tornado in OKC

afnav

According to the news the track was about 3/4mi from the path of the '99 Tornado, it went through the center of Moore near the Warren Theatre and lifted just west of Lake Stanley Draper.

Edited by Odium

I used to live in Moore, I believe my old house is gone along with a horse farm which most of the animals had to be put down. There was a school with 3rd graders and younger that took a hit and the kids are not accounted for. I got chased into a shelter for 3 separate warning's going off today. I believe we are going to have mass causalities maybe bigger than the May 3rd 1999 tornado.

Baseops Family,

Update on Oklahoma (from talking with family and friends).

--> University of Oklahoma has opened up its vacant dormatories and food courts for families whose homes were destroyed

--> Hotels have opened up rooms free of charge

--> Clothing is in low demand right now, cities have donated truckloads of clothing

--> Food and water are in good supply

ITEMS IN IMMEDIATE NEED:

-Work Gloves for workers digging through rubble to find survivors

-Baby Formula, Wipes, and Diapers (these are GREATLY needed)

I know all of us are stationed all over the world but any help of any kind would be greatly appreciated. I am raising money at the school I teach at and will send it to my sister in Tulsa. She will them go and buy the baby needs and gloves and then take them to a church who will deliver them to Moore, OK. So if anybody wants to help out and is not close to the Midwest, I can give you my address and I will be sure it gets to Oklahoma. PM if interested

Pray for Oklahoma

Thanks for any and all help,

-Chem

Edited by chem_teacher_flies85

My parents traveled to OKC from DFW yesterday. They had to go 30 miles out of their way, but they did make it north of the tornado track.

Does anyone know if the base accountability is finished? We lost a couple of people in '99. We had to re-do our no-contact locate charts to use turns instead of streets. There were no street signs or landmarks to find houses anymore.

My parents traveled to OKC from DFW yesterday. They had to go 30 miles out of their way, but they did make it north of the tornado track. Does anyone know if the base accountability is finished? We lost a couple of people in '99. We had to re-do our no-contact locate charts to use turns instead of streets. There were no street signs or landmarks to find houses anymore.

The 552 is 100% accounted for, no major injuries or loss of life for personnel or family members. Some people lost their homes, but that's the extent of it, thankfully.

To all,

As you have all seen on the news, the tornado in OK has devastated the region and many of our Airman are in need. Across Team Tinker 140 families had their homes destroyed with an additional 196 damaged to the point of being displaced. These numbers may continue to rise as information comes in. Tinker has activated an Emergency Family Evacuation Center to support military and civilian Airmen, as well as their families. In addition they are preparing to stage for FEMA support. Tinker First Sergeants are determining the aid requirements for Airmen who lost houses and are ready to support as required once each family is identified and informs leadership of their immediate needs. Tinker spouses are heavily engaged, too. AAFES is providing each affected Airman with a new set of ABUs/boots/etc.

The Air Warrior Courage Foundation (AWCF) with the Red River Valley Fighter Pilots Association (River Rats) of the Heartland are attempting to assist as many people as possible. We are working with Tinker leadership to ensure individuals are identified and funds are provided to them ASAP. The AWCF has allocated $100K for disaster relief to those affected. The AWCF policy is to help all Active, Reserve, Guard and retired military members. To be able to provide additional support to those that have suffered damage by the tornado, the AWCF has started to accept donations.

Donations are tax deductible. 100% of proceeds will go towards (Active, Guard, Reserve, and retirees) tornado victims. To donate, please see the below information:

Donations can be made in two ways.

1. Send a check to the AWCF, P.O. Box 877, Silver Spring, MD 20918. In a note or on the check say "For Tornado Disaster Relief"

2. Using a credit card. Go to our home page at www.airwarriorcourage.org .

a. On the Home page is a DONATE button. Click it and it will take you to a page with a GIVE DIRECT button. Click it and fill in the blanks. In the COMMENTS block put in
"For Tornado Disaster Relief".

Please share this with others that may be interested in providing support to our AF Family.

Thank you for all of your help and support! Tinker leadership greatly appreciates the concern and support they've received and recognize this will be a long struggle and are prepared to see it through.

David Brog, Colonel (Ret) USAF

Executive Director, AWCF

Donations are definitely a good idea. Another good idea is jumping in with the local volunteer organizations that are doing clean up because there is literally tons of work to be done. You can do sort, stack, distribute donated supplies like food, water, clothing. Site cleanup is another option. It is hard work but you get to play with chainsaws occasionally. Contact local churches, Samaritans Purse, Habitat for Humanity and they can put you into the fight.

That guy was basically asking for a 2x4 to get thrown through his head.

945003_10200402602682047_2111559497_n.jpg