Former USAF pilot impersonates airline pilot

Steve Davies

Alright, I think the TTP has pretty much been solidified. If you are going to impersonate any sort of pilot, do it in Africa, and for the love of God stay away from aviation forums. It looks like this dude only learned the first half from our friend Timmy.

Actually he was an airline pilot until my airline (a US major) fired him for stealing $156,000 of our merger funds...he was the treasurer, go figure. Spent a year in jail, then some heard he was flying for Korean AL but got caught and moved on until he surfaced recently.

For a second I thought this was going the direction of a civilian-only pilot vs. military only pilot fight, ala every other flight forum on the interwebs.

Thank god it's just a good, though maybe too soon, "my MDS is cooler than yours, hence I'm cooler than you" quibble.

Actually he was an airline pilot until my airline (a US major) fired him for stealing $156,000 of our merger funds...he was the treasurer, go figure. Spent a year in jail, then some heard he was flying for Korean AL but got caught and moved on until he surfaced recently.

So, it sounds like he had US quals (Did the FAA yank his ATP for the 'good moral character' part after he spent time in jail?), but not the JAA certificates or medical?