Shadow Boxes

Spaceballs

Does anyone know a good place to buy them? I've been looking all over the internet and they are pretty expensive for the type I'm looking for. One of my buddies found a place that sells "imperfect" boxes for ridiculously cheap, but he can't remember the site anymore. He bought five of them and they all looked perfect.

Might be worth giving the Hobby Shop on your base a call. The guy who ran the wood shop at McConnell used to make nice ones, but he retired last month (not that that information helps you at all...)

• 1 month later...

Not really related to shadow boxes, but I'm looking to make some custom t-shirts for the unit I'm with downrange.

Does anyone recommend a legit custom t-shirt site? I heard customink.com does not do a good job with applying custom designs to their shirts.

Thanks!

Edited by Helo Kitty

• 4 years later...
23 hours ago, HU&W said:

I want my shadowbox to be the empty casing of a Mk82, cut in half lengthwise with a glass tabletop.

While at Edwards in the late 80s there was an instructor at the TPS who had a cottage industry making coffee table shadowboxes.  Whole thing was laid out like a runway & airfield with runway headings, accurate taxi lines, parking areas, etc… along with little models of the different jets complete with tailcodes and flashes retiree flew.  Add in all typical medals, badges, patches, odds n’ ends that end up in boxes (STS).  He sold a shit ton of the things.  Thought they were pretty cool.       

• Like 1