US KC-135 Down - Kyrgyzstan

I absolutely HATE this part of the job..... That sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and instantaneously thinking of who I know who flies the aircraft in question. I know quite a few bros in the MC-12, and a lot in the tanker too, so this sucks. Here's hoping for the best.

Changed the topic title to ease any KC-10 sphincters. ("tanker" vs "KC-135")

Desperately trying to find info on the incident, as we have several crews there right now.

I hate this part of aviation.

Hope this trend ends...and hope we aren't looking at increased mishap rates due to the idea that flying for currency only is a good idea...prayers for the crew, and here's hoping for a miracle that there's survivors.

Hope in one hand, shit in the other. We're going on year 12 of this ######ing "war" flying/operating equipment that was already decades past it's initial service life, and now we're gutting funding from the military because no one has the balls to turn off social entitlement programs, in order to save us all from proffesional voters. ######!

Rant off.... prayers for the families of the crew.

• Upvote 1

Does anybody know how the winds and turbulence are around Manas this time of year? Those mountains Tien Shen peek out at 19000 ft. Know a bunch of tanker dudes when I was in the AOR using OAMS as a ops stop for fuel before heading back to Manas during the runway repairs. BTW Manas is still a shitty runway.

Sounds like it may have come apart while still airborne. Can't find any info on the crew.

http://inserbia.info...-kazakh-border/

I'm praying that this wasnt the case, the birds were old and tired when I flew them a decade ago, they must be worse now. That dumbass shoe clerk Colonel that #%*$ed the first tanker replacement deal should be fried because we would already have new birds pulling this work horse mission.

My prayers to the crew and family, but for the grace of God there go I.

I'm praying that this wasnt the case, the birds were old and tired when I flew them a decade ago, they must be worse now. That dumbass shoe clerk Colonel that #%*$ed the first tanker replacement deal should be fried because we would already have new birds pulling this work horse mission. My prayers to the crew and family, but for the grace of God there go I.

She's actually doing time.