US KC-135 Down - Kyrgyzstan

This sounds like a great opportunity for you to go look up what FOUO status actually means.

DoDM 5200.01-V4, February 24, 2012

3) FOUO information may only be posted to DoD websites consistent with security and access requirements specified in Reference (k)

Seems like you are the one that needs to do some reading.

Edited by Fuzz

And we wonder where the queep comes from. In other news a 135 crew perished in a crash today in Kyrgystan, take a moment and reflect on your brothers and sisters in arms; hug your wife and kiss your kids because every time we slip the surley bonds folks, we gamble with those very things...

• Upvote 4

OK, the next person that posts FOUO or sensitive information in this thread are going to be joining the two that are already sitting in the corner!

Knock it off!

• Upvote 3

I hope today's mishap reveals a systematic problem that can not be ignored, and results in the grounding of the ENTIRE KC-135 fleet. I know this sounds extreme, but hear me out. Perhaps the grounding of one of the AF's most prevalent aircraft (to include one flown by a LOT of Guard units) will finally highlight that we are LITERALLY flying our airplanes to the point of them falling out of the sky. We need to highlight that our fleet is DECADES past it's designed service life, highlight the botched replacement plan for the KC-135, highlight that even with the current KC-46 replacement plan we will at best replace tails one for three, and we need to highlight that budget cuts combined with no reduction in tasking has made the problem infinitely worse with literally ZERO ability to do anything about it. This is what NEEDS to be done, but I'm sure the Air Force is already desperately trying to find a way to pin this on the pilots to cover up the problems I am discussing, much like they pinned the Alaska F-22 crash on the pilot, despite the aircraft's faulty design.

• Upvote 1

I hope today's mishap reveals a systematic problem that can not be ignored, and results in the grounding of the ENTIRE KC-135 fleet. I know this sounds extreme, but hear me out. Perhaps the grounding of one of the AF's most prevalent aircraft (to include one flown by a LOT of Guard units) will finally highlight that we are LITERALLY flying our airplanes to the point of them falling out of the sky. We need to highlight that our fleet is DECADES past it's designed service life, highlight the botched replacement plan for the KC-135, highlight that even with the current KC-46 replacement plan we will at best replace tails one for three, and we need to highlight that budget cuts combined with no reduction in tasking has made the problem infinitely worse with literally ZERO ability to do anything about it. This is what NEEDS to be done, but I'm sure the Air Force is already desperately trying to find a way to pin this on the pilots to cover up the problems I am discussing, much like they pinned the Alaska F-22 crash on the pilot, despite the aircraft's faulty design.

Yeah, but until we know a cause, its tough to take that amount of support away from the guys who need it in the AO without some sort of idea if age/mx/ops is at fault. Grounding would accomplish nothing if you don't have a reason to suspect recurrance.

That being said, the pics point to it being broken up and on fire in flight. Not knowing anything about what might cause that to happen to a tanker, I'd think there are many possible causes to this and its gonna take a while to pinpoint.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but until we know a cause, its tough to take that amount of support away from the guys who need it in the AO without some sort of idea if age/mx/ops is at fault. Grounding would accomplish nothing if you don't have a reason to suspect recurrance.

That being said, the pics point to it being broken up and on fire in flight. Not knowing anything about what might cause that to happen to a tanker, I'd think there are many possible causes to this and its gonna take a while to pinpoint.

I get that point, but grounding the 135 will also show how we have placed a LOT of eggs in an unsustainable basket.

From the site that had the initial picts. What started as interest in what might have caused this turned to anger as all these dipshits walked all over the wreakage area, and likely the dusty remains of our fallen brothers.

A toast

Out

Yeah, no kidding. Having all those people trample on their gravesite pisses me off. I wonder who the American was in the last minute of the video.

• Upvote 1

Looks like the gear was up and the engines came off of the wings. Makes it look like something ripped up the aircraft prior to it hitting the ground. Also from the still photos the inoard side of the right wing looks pretty busted up and charred.

A truely sad day for the tanker community. My prayers for the families and the souls of our departed brothers.