MC-12 Crash in Afghanistan

My condolences to the families of the crew. :beer:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Facebook is where we learn of such a loss?

They've been guarding details to complete notifications. I'm sure the press will get the details out soon enough. Him him...this one hits close..

well they aren't doing a very good job, as the name of the pilot at least has been splashed all over FB since about 2 hrs after the mishap occurred.

That's on the people posting, who should know better. This is awful enough for the families, finding out via Facebook is even shittier since they could be anywhere looking at their phone.

• Upvote 3

That's on the people posting, who should know better. This is awful enough for the families, finding out via Facebook is even shittier since they could be anywhere looking at their phone.

I agree. If you really want to respect them and the families, allow them to find out formally when help can be there and not via FB. Bad on those who are posting it. Unfortunate.

That's on the people posting, who should know better.

Exactly. And if the info was truly out that fast, it's somebody down-range. If some MF'r in my Squadron pulled that shit they'd be on the first rotator back to the flagpole. That really chaps my ass.

• Upvote 2