Adderall use but not prescibed? what are my chances?

kayl

I do not use drugs recreationally. I do not agree with them. I have known Adderall is a drug that is prescribed for ADD, ADHD and so on... Right now I’m a senior in high school and currently in a intense curriculum program and working around 30 hours a week. In order to keep up with school I have used Adderall around once a week to every other week. I am not prescribed Adderall and I have never used it for anything else other than to complete school work. Even though that probably doesn’t matter. How does the Air Force look at this? What are my chances of becoming a helo pilot? Other than this case I have never used any drugs that were not prescribed to me.

• Downvote 1

My definition of drugs was not what it really is. To me drugs used to be things like marajuana and worse. Which led me to make the mistake of not considering Adderall as one of these drugs.

If you think you need drugs to make it through the "stress" of high school, then you're definitely not going to make it in the military or pilot training.

I honestly had no reason to take this drug. It just made my life easier. Which is not the best way to go the majority of the time.

I have recently come to the realization of my mistake and just want to know if this will take away my opprotunity in becoming a pilot.

UTFSF! Here's what the AFI says, this is posted also here & here...:

AFROTCI 36-2011:

4.7.4. Drug Use Waivers

4.7.4.1. Waivers are permitted only in very exceptional cases for otherwise very highly qualified applicants whose pre-service drug use was limited in frequency and scope, experimental in nature, and unlikely to recur. A drug experimenter is defined as one who has illegally/improperly used a drug for reasons of curiosity, peer pressure or other similar reasons. Multiple instances of drug use may be considered recreational drug use and NOT experimental. Someone who says their drug use was social, to relieve stress, with the same group of friends over several periods, or to cope with their situation will be considered a recreational drug user no matter how many times used.

The AF doesn't want someone that "needs" drugs to get through rough times, especially if your definition of rough is a high school academic program. If you think your program if rough and need drugs to get through it, you'd be hard pressed to make it through UPT and no one here wants to be in the same plane with you or flying as your wingman.

Edited by Fuzz

Kayl, for your sake, please understand that taking prescription drugs prescribed to someone who isn't you is a crime. The USAF will ruin your shit if you are caught doing this. Knock this shit off, go to college (refrain from "experimenting" while you're there) and find gainful employment somewhere less stressful after graduation.

My definition of drugs was not what it really is. To me drugs used to be things like marajuana and worse. Which led me to make the mistake of not considering Adderall as one of these drugs.

Bad call, you are using prescription drugs that were not prescribed for you; which is illegal and pretty much kills your chances for an Air Force career especially if you are over 18.

If you lie about it and the USAF finds out, you'll be in even bigger trouble.

I would forget about a military career and follow the advice guineapigfury gave above. It is the much safer/smarter option...