Boston Marathon Bombing

HU&W

I do not understand why they robbed the 7-11 and in Central Sq. of all places. I cannot think of a place with more cops.

YoungerDbag: We better not go to the ATM, they will trace us.

OlderDbag: Good thinking, Borat, let's just go rob that 7-11 in the heart of Cambridge.

I do not understand why they robbed the 7-11 and in Central Sq. of all places. I cannot think of a place with more cops.

YoungerDbag: We better not go to the ATM, they will trace us.

OlderDbag: Good thinking, Borat, let's just go rob that 7-11 in the heart of Cambridge.

Did you see or hear the excitement last night?

Russians.

Don't think ANYONE saw that coming.

Classic. These were Islamic fundamentalist extremists. Sunni Muslims. Using standard Al Qaeda tactics (which is a Sunni Muslim terrorist organization). The same people who have executed 90% of the terrorist attacks on this country for decades. The only people who didn't see this coming are the leftist apologists who are convinced that the most evil force on this planet are conservative white males. The weird gyrations trying to twist "Tea Party", "Patriot Day", "Tax Day" into an "obvious" motive for radical right wing extremists completely ignores the reality that despite our President's claims to the contrary, Al Qaeda and Islamic fundamentalism continues to commit acts of terror all over the world that make the Newtown shootings look minor (does Beslan ring a bell?).

• Upvote 1

The only people surprised are the radical left who assumed it was a right wing tea party type protesting tax day.

Speculation isn't assumption. Get a dictionary, read it, learn something.

So the guy drops a bomb off in a crowd wearing a big white hat backwards, essentially screaming to the security cameras "Hey! Look at me!"

Right next to the 8 year old kid. Fuckin' disgusting.

Classic. These were Islamic fundamentalist extremists. Sunni Muslims.

Were they Arab? Which is who you implied was behind it. They could have just as easily been u.s. citizens who were fundamental islamists... hell they'd been living here for 10 years.

Were they Arab? Which is who you implied was behind it. They could have just as easily been u.s. citizens who were fundamental islamists... hell they'd been living here for 10 years.

There are 1.6bn Muslims in the world, of which up to 90% are Sunni. They can't all be Arabs.

Edited by Steve Davies
  • Upvote 1

Gentlemen, I believe I have solved the entire case! Marathons, Kyrgyzstan... There is only one missing link to the entire conspiricy theory! Allow me to present it here:

post-4731-0-93034800-1366391801_thumb.jp

Edited by discus
  • Upvote 5

Speculation isn't assumption. Get a dictionary, read it, learn something.

Right next to the 8 year old kid. ######in' disgusting.

I used to think you were simply ignorant. Not unintelligent. Just misinformed. Now I'm not so sure. Take your own advice and look up speculation. One of its synonyms is assumption. Look up synonym if you need to.

But this isn't about symantics. It's about willful ignorance. The kind of ignorance that would cause someone to look at a terrorist strike that had all the classic hallmarks of attacks done by Islamic fundamentalists all over the world, and focus on random facts like "Tax Day, Patriot Day, city where the Boston Tea Party occurred" to "speculate" that things were "lining up" for this attack to be domestic terrorism. Now you are claiming I implied the Boston attack was done by Arabs?! When did I ever do that? I mentioned Al Qaeda and the train bombings in Mumbai. Both in reference to the use pressure cooker bombs which you authoritatively insisted weren't an Al Qaeda tactic because they weren't designed to kill large numbers of people. Al Qaeda is a Sunni Muslim terrorist group. Some Sunni Muslims are Arab. Some Al Qaeda terrorists are Arab. But Al Qaeda is a global terrorist organization. Surely you know that.

• Upvote 1

I used to think you were simply ignorant. Not unintelligent. Just misinformed. Now I'm not so sure. Take your own advice and look up speculation. One of its synonyms is assumption. Look up synonym if you need to. But this isn't about symantics. It's about willful ignorance. The kind of ignorance that would cause someone to look at a terrorist strike that had all the classic hallmarks of attacks done by Islamic fundamentalists all over the world, and focus on random facts like "Tax Day, Patriot Day, city where the Boston Tea Party occurred" to "speculate" that things were "lining up" for this attack to be domestic terrorism. Now you are claiming I implied the Boston attack was done by Arabs?! When did I ever do that? I mentioned Al Qaeda and the train bombings in Mumbai. Both in reference to the use pressure cooker bombs which you authoritatively insisted weren't an Al Qaeda tactic because they weren't designed to kill large numbers of people. Al Qaeda is a Sunni Muslim terrorist group. Some Sunni Muslims are Arab. Some Al Qaeda terrorists are Arab. But Al Qaeda is a global terrorist organization. Surely you know that.

My bad. I didn't know AQ holds the patent for this type of IED and only them and their affiliates are allowed to produce such a device.

This seems fairly obvious to me that these dudes did not have any sort of formal training in terrorism. The news was all about how sophisticated this attack was...bullshit. This was amateur bomb making, a poorly developed plan/strategy, and absolutely not consistent with any of the attacks being carried out by Chechen extremists or AQ in other parts of the world in terms of lethality. I am very thankful these idiots were not more successful, this could have been a lot more deadly. The bombs that are being used in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria etc. are generally much more sophisticated and much more lethal. These bombs seem to be the result of google searches and very little prior experience. I do think these dudes were probably motivated by radical Muslim beliefs, but I do not think they were backed or sponsored by AQ or Chechens.

• Upvote 2

My bad. I didn't know AQ holds the patent for this type of IED and only them and their affiliates are allowed to produce such a device.

C'mon man...now it just sounds like you're quibbling.

We all know you're not the biggest fan of the tea party (funny, because an argument can be made that Libertarians have a lot more in common with the tea party movement than the progressive left movement, but I digress). And you made an original post that most people read as an 'assumption/speculation' that the attack may have had something to do with domestic people who are affiliated with such causes as 'tax day', 'patriot day', etc, when the vast majority of recent bombings (and attempts) have had strong connections with Islamist terrorists...so either your bias came out or you went big time against the odds and lost.

I'm not saying you're a Chris Matthews type at all...but we all have a bias, and yours against the tea party often comes out and I think most people on here saw what your originally wrote as a prime example. In the end, big deal, who cares--we all like to make assumptions on this board and we're all wrong from time to time. Just own up to the bias though.

Edited by HeloDude