Boston Marathon Bombing

HU&W

BH6fCgFCQAERWMB.jpg

A buddy of mine just pointed out the dude that appears to be watching from the top of the tall building on the left. Could just be a race watcher observing the people that are finishing 3 hours after the winners, but certainly raised the hair on the back of my neck.

A buddy of mine just pointed out the dude that appears to be watching from the top of the tall building on the left. Could just be a race watcher observing the people that are finishing 3 hours after the winners, but certainly raised the hair on the back of my neck.

From my view he is on the close side of the brick building where the explosion is beyond the far side - he wouldn't be able to see anything from where he is. Building appears to have fencing around the roof, probably a rooftop garden, etc.

• Upvote 1

Patriot's Day is a holiday in two states - Massachusetts and Maine. Waco is in Texas.

What, exactly, are you talking about?

Again, Patriot's Day is a holiday in Massachusetts and Maine. Oklahoma City is in Oklahoma.

Again, what are you referring too? What militia are you talking about?

Wait, so you know the motivation behind the bombings? Holy hell - get off BODN and call the FBI right away. They'll want to hear this.

Another connection between Waco, Oklahoma City and Boston...the sun rose and set on those days. Coincidence? You tell me.

• Upvote 3

Another connection between Waco, Oklahoma City and Boston...the sun rose and set on those days. Coincidence? You tell me.

They are all in the USA. They all have populations over 100,000. They each have close to a 50/50 ratio of males to females. They've each been in the news at some point. Finally and most compelling: Waco is in the same state as Austin, a university near Oklahoma City plays football against a team from Austin, and Boston rhymes with Austin. Strange how all these seemingly innocuous factors line up. There's only one logical conclusion. Osama bin Laden is having dinner right now with George Soros and Glenn Beck.

• Upvote 7

Guest CannonCrashPad

What a horrible tragedy. Saw something very interesting from Reality Check on Fox News today. Worth a head scratch at any rate.

Absurd. Who is that clown?

And "the last time the US saw a bombing attempt like this" wasn't the '93 WTC bombing. That was a truck bomb. This reminds me much more of the 1996 Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta (backpack bomb at a crowded international event), which was perpetrated by a politically motivated individual, which is what most talking heads are speculating.

What a horrible tragedy. Saw something very interesting from Reality Check on Fox News today. Worth a head scratch at any rate.

"Ben is looking back in order to look forward (What?)...in a Reality Check that you won't see anywhere else."

Thankfully.

That's nothing compared to the explosion of a fertilizer plant in West, Texas (20 miles north of Waco) that killed up to 15 people and injured over 150 this morning...

And for you conspiracy nuts...

The explosion came two days before the 20th anniversary of a fire in nearby Waco that engulfed a compound inhabited by David Koresh and his followers in the Branch Davidian sect, ending a siege by federal agents.

I wonder if ball bearing laced explosives dumped in trash cans near large public gatherings are tactics used anywhere else in the world other the site of the Boston Tea Party.

The internet?

These bombs were designed to maim in large numbers, not kill in large numbers. AQ and affilliates want large death tolls, they don't aim for the legs- they aim for the chest/head.

The internet?

These bombs were designed to maim in large numbers, not kill in large numbers. AQ and affilliates want large death tolls, they don't aim for the legs- they aim for the chest/head.

Wow, so on top of everything else, you are now fully briefed on the construction and planned intent of the bombs used in Boston. I guess I'll forget the fact that AQ was the first terrorist organization to publish directions on how to make pressure cooker IEDs, and encouraged all of their followers to use them as an effective means of killing American soldiers on foot patrol. And the 209 dead and 714 injured Indians in Mumbai in 2006 would probably disagree that the bombs aren't able to kill in large numbers.

The thing that kept the death toll very low was the fact that the victims were so close to some of the greatest hospitals in the world. The response time was instant.

If this was somewhere else with less emergency personnel on the scene, the death toll would have been higher.

Edited by one

The internet?

How exactly do you aim for chests and heads with an IED? And my buddy that is missing both his legs and the countless other soldiers i have met that are missing limbs from IEDs in Afghanistan would care to disagree with your asinine statement.

Edited by Fuzz
  • Upvote 2

This is a very interesting concept. My inputs are on the right.

J57yXU2hcopy_zpse29d855e.jpg

The one "lookout" has a much heavier jacket on than anyone else in that photo. Makes me think of all the lessons and lectures about suicide bombers. Maybe that crowd was luckier than we could have imagined. I hope we get these shitheads soon!

How exactly do you aim for chests and heads with an IED?

Uhh... you don't set it on the ground. You either set it up higher or use a suicide vest, etc.

Looks like you and Detective Chris Matthews may have been off base with your active imaginations.

I wish I had the ability to tell a person's nationality just by a grainy photo of a portion of their face.

• Upvote 1