Boston Marathon Bombing

HU&W

Ok I'm starting to see http://www.dailymail...an-wedding.html popping up over Facebook with tags like "Only 3 dead in Boston, 30 killed by US in Afghanistan." I think it's fake as hell- no author, no date, no links. Google "BBC Afghanistan wedding bombing"....nothing.

Edit- So obviously fake not even worth commenting on...got carried away.

Edited by B*D*A

Here's one of the best summaries of the day's events that I've read. A couple of initial observations.

1. When hidden behind the anonymity of the internet, people become stupid, heartless, know-it-alls. Perhaps being snarky or political is a way to create distance from the pain for those who can't handle it, but sometimes we need to step back and let the professionals develop the facts before we jump to conclusions. I really appreciated the example Bill O'Reilly provided today when he offered rare praise of President Obama's metered somber remarks following the attack.

2. Everybody wants to blame the person they hate. The most prevalent question seems to revolve around the color of skin, religion, or accent of whomever did this. One of the more compelling images of the aftermath was a middle-eastern man using his own shirt to treat the wounds of a victim.

3. There are still examples of everyday heroes. Not just people in public service, but selfless souls who will run toward the sound of danger, whether it be gunfire, explosions, or screams of horror, to see if there is anything they can do to help. There are also those who will merely gossip, cringe, or run the other direction. Both were present today in Boston.

4. Part of our nation's culture is glorifying violence in entertainment, but shunning it in real life, especially when we can personally relate to the victims.

• Upvote 4

Here's one of the best summaries of the day's events that I've read. A couple of initial observations.

1. When hidden behind the anonymity of the internet, people become stupid, heartless, know-it-alls. Perhaps being snarky or political is a way to create distance from the pain for those who can't handle it, but sometimes we need to step back and let the professionals develop the facts before we jump to conclusions. I really appreciated the example Bill O'Reilly provided today when he offered rare praise of President Obama's metered somber remarks following the attack.

2. Everybody wants to blame the person they hate. The most prevalent question seems to revolve around the color of skin, religion, or accent of whomever did this. One of the more compelling images of the aftermath was a middle-eastern man using his own shirt to treat the wounds of a victim.

3. There are still examples of everyday heroes. Not just people in public service, but selfless souls who will run toward the sound of danger, whether it be gunfire, explosions, or screams of horror, to see if there is anything they can do to help. There are also those who will merely gossip, cringe, or run the other direction. Both were present today in Boston.

4. Part of our nation's culture is glorifying violence in entertainment, but shunning it in real life, especially when we can personally relate to the victims.

Very well said. More on the person of interest in Revere:

Authorities searched an apartment in the nearby Boston suburb of Revere as part of the investigation into the explosions. FoxNews.com saw federal, state and local law enforcement entering the building late Monday night and early Tuesday morning.

Sources confirmed to FoxNews.com that the apartment being searched in connection to the bombings is on the fifth floor of the building.

A source close to the investigation confirms to FoxNews.com the man whose apartment was searched is considered a person of interest in the case, and is the same person of interest Fox News confirmed earlier authorities are guarding at a local hospital.

The source confirmed to FoxNews.com that the person of interest is Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, a 20-year-old Saudi. His Facebook page identifies him as a current or former student at the New England School of English. He is believed to have entered the country on a student visa.

The source stressed that Alharbi is a person of interest, not a suspect, and said he suffered serious injuries in the explosion.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21987838/2013/04/16/fox-news-authorities-guarding-man-at-local-hospital#ixzz2QcyzBi00

Ok I'm starting to see http://www.dailymail...an-wedding.html popping up over Facebook with tags like "Only 3 dead in Boston, 30 killed by US in Afghanistan." I think it's fake as hell- no author, no date, no links. Google "BBC Afghanistan wedding bombing"....nothing.

Edit- So obviously fake not even worth commenting on...got carried away.

The article was written in 2002.

I certainly hope this doesn't turn out to be domestic... too many things lining up to appear to be though.

April 15th - Tax Day, Patriot Day, city where the Boston Tea Party occurred... I hope that's just my over active imagination putting a bunch of coincidences together.

Here's a suggestion to slow down your over active imagination...stop watching MSNBC. Your "bunch of coincidences" clearly point to a disgruntled citizen of Great Britain, seeking long delayed revenge on colonial upstarts.

I wonder if ball bearing laced explosives dumped in trash cans near large public gatherings are tactics used anywhere else in the world other the site of the Boston Tea Party.

• Upvote 3

Here's a suggestion to slow down your over active imagination...stop watching MSNBC. Your "bunch of coincidences" clearly point to a disgruntled citizen of Great Britain, seeking long delayed revenge on colonial upstarts.

I wonder if ball bearing laced explosives dumped in trash cans near large public gatherings are tactics used anywhere else in the world other the site of the Boston Tea Party.

1993 Waco incident on Patriots Day 1993

1992-1994 Anti government militia mad over taxes, gun control, conspiracy theories of government takeover and distrust President

1995 OKC bombing on Patriots Day 1995 (Targets federal building with FBI, ATF)

2008-2012 1994 Anti government militia mad over taxes, gun control, conspiracy theories of government takeover and distrust President

2013 - Boston Bombing - Patriots & Tax Day 2013 (Targets Newtown families leading gun control debate)

While we don't have all the answers yet, if you don't think there is a strong connection to any if these events regardless of your news source, congrats you are brainwashed.

Edited by TheFranchise

Yes

Despite the horrible crap going down...congrats on the race. Hope you got to finish at least. It's terrible that this senseless act ruined what was supposed to be such a good day for so many people.

Thanks. I didn't get to finish, but, that's ok. The police blocked the streets and wouldn't let anyone near the scene within seconds. The police were urging everyone to go back. My thoughts were to clear the area, get word to my family and find my friends. It was a pretty tense hour or two. I am sad for the people and families that were directly effected by this.

The race itself is damaged also. The finish line was great place of joy and celebration for families, friends, and runners. I fear that will be lost with new security requirements.

I hope the person or persons that did this rot in hell.

• Upvote 1

Several people that I regularly run with have already registered for upcoming marathons in order to qualify for Boston next year, for no other reason than to show that the bastards who did this will not succeed in ruining the event. The security will be tighter, but you can bet the runners won't be deterred.

1992-1994 Anti government militia mad over taxes, gun control, conspiracy theories of goveremment takeover and distrust President

2008-2012 1994 Anti government militia mad over taxes, gun control, conspiracy theories of goveremment takeover and distrust President

2013 - Boston Bombing - Patriots & Tax Day 2013 (Targets Newtown families leading gun control debate)

While we don't have all the answers yet, if you don't think there is a strong connection to any if these events regardless of your news source, congrats you are brainwashed.

WTF is with these two bullets? So they're mad at conspiracy theories and distrust of the President? And WTF is a "goveremment"?

I think you should stop at 12 posts and move along.

Edited by Spoo
  • Upvote 1

Interesting that POTUS finally said the word "Terrorism" this morning. I'll be the WH staff was up all night deciding whether or not to finally say it but they were compelled to; after the media now knows that the FBI considers and investigates any multiple explosion as a "Act of Terror" It would have been more important to me for the news bafoons to find an explosives expert, a real expert, to give his/her take on the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

WTF is with these two bullets? So they're mad at conspiracy theories and distrust of the President? And WTF is a "goveremment"?

I think you should stop at 12 posts and move along.

My sincerest apologies Mr Webster.

Your rebuttal was insightful and has enlightened my views on this topic. Thank you for showing me that avenue of discussion.

My TV hasn't been on MSNBC since... well, probably since never.

edit: scratch that. I like watching the prison show Lockup, and I think that plays on MSNBC. But as far as "news" I don't hardly ever watch any TV news anymore.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Upvote 1

Your rebuttal was insightful and has enlightened my views on this topic. Thank you for showing me that avenue of discussion.

Actually, I'm the Chief of Grammar Police in Fuckoff Town. My point was that perhaps the application of proper grammar/spelling might have made your post sound a little less like some nutjob espousing his own conspiracy theory. At the very least, it would have made it slightly more coherent and readable. Carry on douchebag.

• Upvote 1

Newtown dedication stuff too. It seems like every sports team that has dedicated a game to them has ended up being crushed, the child runner today was one of the fatalities, and one of the unexploded bombs was discovered under the grandstands - Newtown families in the stands.

And since those families have been very vocal in supporting restrictions on firearms rights to assuage their grief, I'm sure there's kooks with a beef against them.

Truly sad if it was us that did this to ourselves (a la Oklahoma City) and worse yet if it was done in an attempt to implicate another and just stir up more problems and suffering

Truly sad if it was us that did this to ourselves (a la Oklahoma City) and worse yet if it was done in an attempt to implicate another and just stir up more problems and suffering

I agree that is is sad (nobody with half a heart wants to see anything like this happen), but unfortunately we shouldn't be too surprised even if it is homegrown. We've had fvcked up people shoot up a school and a movie theater recently...horrible as it is, in a country this large with 315 million people, it's bound to happen every so often. Not saying it's acceptable, just being realistic. And I HATE the politicians on both sides who automatically start saying 'Well, we have to do something'. Sometimes all that is needed is a thorough investigation which hopefully leads to a prosecution of who is guilty.

• Upvote 2

Patriot's Day is a holiday in two states - Massachusetts and Maine. Waco is in Texas.

1992-1994 Anti government militia mad over taxes, gun control, conspiracy theories of government takeover and distrust President

What, exactly, are you talking about?

Again, Patriot's Day is a holiday in Massachusetts and Maine. Oklahoma City is in Oklahoma.

2008-2012 1994 Anti government militia mad over taxes, gun control, conspiracy theories of government takeover and distrust President

Again, what are you referring too? What militia are you talking about?

Wait, so you know the motivation behind the bombings? Holy hell - get off BODN and call the FBI right away. They'll want to hear this.

Actually, I'm the Chief of Grammar Police in ######off Town. My point was that perhaps the application of proper grammar/spelling might have made your post sound a little less like some nutjob espousing his own conspiracy theory. At the very least, it would have made it slightly more coherent and readable. Carry on douchebag.

OK genius, then explain exactly what "Anti government militia mad over taxes, gun control, conspiracy theories of goveremment (sic) takeover and distrust President" actually means! :bash:

You've got three events on the same day over 20 years. Not quite the conspiracy you're making it out to be!

• Upvote 1

When are the liberals going to start calling for background checks and registration for those buying pressure cookers?

About the same time as when the conservatives start saying "If only everyone was allowed to carry bombs this would never have occurred."

Dumb arguments all around. There's enough for everyone.

• Upvote 1