Boston Marathon Bombing

HU&W

Another explosion confirmed by Boston FD at JFK library in Dorchester. FD also confirms that EOD is performing controlled detonations of devices along route of Marathon. Another IED found in nearby church.

Edited by HU&W

Possible suspect in custody and a Saudi national is being held in a local hospital while being treated for shrapnel wounds. Not sure if its the same person. One device was under the grand stands, but failed to detonate. Possibly one device at the Mandarin Hotel.

Edited by superpug

Jeff Greenfield, Y! News: So...NO explosion at JFK LIbrary?...it was a mechanical fire, library folks say. Police Commissioner said it was an explosion...this is classically what can happen in events like this

Virginia Heffernan, Y! News: So scratch the idea that a connection between the marathon explosions and the library explosion is all but confirmed. It's back to "pure speculation"

Boston Police Dept.@Boston_Policetwitter_bird.png

Update JFK incident appears to be fire related

######.

BH6kFLDCQAAcSDO.jpg

BH6ju2NCMAAzhqs.jpg

BH6fCgFCQAERWMB.jpg

Did anyone else notice the guy in the middle photo? It looks like he made a tourniquet out of his shirt. A lot of other civilians were helping as well. Once again, I'm completely baffled why anyone would arbitrarily kill people, but I take solace in the way some people responded.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else notice the guy in the middle photo? It looks like he made a tourniquet out of his shirt. A lot of other civilians were helping as well. Once again, I'm completely baffled why anyone would arbitrarily kill people, but I take solace in the way some people responded.

Rumor is that was a Team RWB runner.

People might ask who would run towards an explosion? Just saw this pic on the Team Red White & Blue facebook page:

post-1551-0-20355500-1366064485_thumb.jp

Team RWB still does not have an update on the safety of most of our 17 runners and their families who are in Boston today---but we can confirm that several of our Team members ran to the chaos and have been serving as first responders. We are incredibly proud of our team every day....and it's moments like this that show what our organization is really about.

Team Red, White & Blue (Team RWB) is a veteran support nonprofit organization whose vision is to increase the connectivity between America's combat veterans and people in their communities. We use exercise as a medium to bring people together (running, triathlon, Crossfit, yoga, hiking, etc...)

You beat me to it, ThreeHoler...

Edited by MKopack
  • Upvote 3

Damn, went to bed right as the marathon was starting and thought to myself that it looked like a nice day. Woke up and the first thing I saw was the news and footage of the bombing. Proud of all of the people who ran in to give aid.

It gives me great pride in my fellow citizens to see the large numbers of them, first responders and not, that immediately ran toward the site of the blast, with no thought of anything other than helping people they did not know. If the attackers hoped to demonstrate some underlying flaw in the American character, they failed.

:beer: :beer: ...

To Boston

Edited by Flaco
  • Upvote 1

I was there running the race when this happened. I was about 100 yds from the second blast just turning on Boylston St (the finish line). I had three friends that were running ahead of me less than 20' from the blast. They are all fine.

I heard the two blasts. I thought two large transformers had exploded. Initially the police on the course had no idea what was happening, but, I could hear there radios chattering like mad. There was lots of confusion but not much panic. People close to the scene jumped in to help. The rest of us just did the best we could to clear the area.

• Upvote 3

I certainly hope this doesn't turn out to be domestic... too many things lining up to appear to be though.

April 15th - Tax Day, Patriot Day, city where the Boston Tea Party occurred... I hope that's just my over active imagination putting a bunch of coincidences together.

• Upvote 1

I was there running the race when this happened. I was about 100 yds from the second blast just turning on Boylston St (the finish line). I had three friends that were running ahead of me less than 20' from the blast. They are all fine.

I heard the two blasts. I thought two large transformers had exploded. Initially the police on the course had no idea what was happening, but, I could hear there radios chattering like mad. There was lots of confusion but not much panic. People close to the scene jumped in to help. The rest of us just did the best we could to clear the area.

Despite the horrible crap going down...congrats on the race. Hope you got to finish at least. It's terrible that this senseless act ruined what was supposed to be such a good day for so many people.

• Upvote 1

I certainly hope this doesn't turn out to be domestic... too many things lining up to appear to be though.

April 15th - Tax Day, Patriot Day, city where the Boston Tea Party occurred... I hope that's just my over active imagination putting a bunch of coincidences together.

Newtown dedication stuff too. It seems like every sports team that has dedicated a game to them has ended up being crushed, the child runner today was one of the fatalities, and one of the unexploded bombs was discovered under the grandstands - Newtown families in the stands.

And since those families have been very vocal in supporting restrictions on firearms rights to assuage their grief, I'm sure there's kooks with a beef against them.

Edited by Clayton Bigsby