California ANG "toxic culture"?

I know this story is four months old, but I haven't seen it brought up anywhere on here. NBC published a story alleging rampant sexual assault, racism, and a host of other issues within the California ANG (singling out the 129th RQW). As a UPT applicant who's visited some of these units, I have a hard time believing this, since the culture at every unit I've visited thus far seems friendly and laid back. Is this just NBC being NBC or is there any truth to these allegations?

http://www.nbcbayare...-179569401.html

EDIT:

Investigative piece "Behind the Gates of the Guard:"

Edited by HFF

I call BS on this. If you want to be a "whistle blower" you need to man the F up and say who you are. It doesn't work both ways. Sounds to me like a guy who didn't get the AGR slot or promotion he was wanting.

Apparently they're doing some kind of investigative piece on this. "Behind the Gates of the Guard". This whole thing seems fishy but as someone who's not a member of the CA ANG I can't really speak to the credibility of it. It focuses on racism and sexual assault within the 129th.

Edited by HFF

I call BS on this. If you want to be a "whistle blower" you need to man the F up and say who you are. It doesn't work both ways. Sounds to me like a guy who didn't get the AGR slot or promotion he was wanting.

The anonymous pilot does seem to have an axe to grind. I wonder if he spoke to his leadership first about the issue or went straight to the media.

The anonymous pilot does seem to have an axe to grind.

They always do.

I wonder if he spoke to his leadership first about the issue

They never do.

or went straight to the media.

SNAP standard these days.

I have a hard time believing this too because I just recently visited March ARB and I second what everyone above me said. All of the people we talked to were friendly, laid back, and just all around good hosts.

Never heard of this within the ANG

I have a hard time believing this too because I just recently visited March ARB and I second what everyone above me said. All of the people we talked to were friendly, laid back, and just all around good hosts.

And you still have no idea what you are talking about.

How did any of them pass there PT test? They were probably getting kicked out for that, but went to the media cause they wanted there 20 year retirement that they "earned"

And some didn't kicked out for knowing the difference between "there" and "their" Try again

Edited by matmacwc

And you still have no idea what you are talking about.

Actually, I do. My post was short so what I should've said was "but one base visit and just scratching the surface doesn't mean a thing and of course stuff could be going on behind the scenes."

Actually, I do. My post was short so what I should've said was "but one base visit and just scratching the surface doesn't mean a thing and of course stuff could be going on behind the scenes."

So you don't.....scratching the surface and all. Didn't know your we're OSI.

I stand, well, correct. Go back to lead lab.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So you don't.....scratching the surface and all. Didn't know your we're OSI.

I stand, well, correct. Go back to lead lab.

How the hell can he "not know what he's talking about" when he's citing a personal anecdote? All he said was that he's been there before and they seemed nice.