Reapers on the Border

Are we talking a metric shit tonne or an english shit ton? Do tell.

Truth Data...perhaps

http://nation.time.c...y-flight-hours/

Edit: Found article with info 69 seconds after posting sarcastic comment.

How much we spend on bandwidth is in a WIC paper from within the last few years, space side I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Slightly off topic: Does anyone here have experience flying with the Border Patrol? Is it a good deal or a shit sandwich? Any first hand info (benefits, culture, locations, how much flying versus how much queep) would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently an MQ-9 guy leaning very strongly towards getting out in a few years and am considering Border Patrol as an option.

Slightly off topic: Does anyone here have experience flying with the Border Patrol? Is it a good deal or a shit sandwich? Any first hand info (benefits, culture, locations, how much flying versus how much queep) would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently an MQ-9 guy leaning very strongly towards getting out in a few years and am considering Border Patrol as an option.

You checked their website?

Requirements:

· U.S Citizen

· Under 40 years of age

· Successfully complete a thorough background investigation and drug test

· Pass a FAA class 1 flight physical

· Hold a valid Commercial Pilots license with an Instrument rating and other

rating(s) appropriate to the position to be filled

· Total Flight Time 1500 hours **

· Pilot-In-Command (PIC) 250 hours

· Night Flying 75 hours

· Manned Flight Time, Last 12 Months 100 hours

· Qualified Predator-B pilot (Predator-A qualification will be considered)

* UAV/UAS time does not count towards flight hour minimums

** One half the total flight time may be waived

My question is how are they going to handle any USAF/ANG MQ-9 guys that get out/retire? The sticking point will either be age or the manned flt hours requirement. I realize this is due to the fact that you are also qualified to fly manned aircraft. So, I wonder if there is going to be an RPA only position in the future? I am also a little interested since I am approaching retirement and the wife would like to move to FL when I do. Looks like they fly them out of Cocoa Beach and that would be ideal.

I flew on some of their P-3 aircraft back in the day and they were a good bunch of guys. The crews that I flew with all seemed to have their collective fecal matter in one very tight container but htey weren't so uptight that it was a pain to fly with them. Not sure what their unmanned program is like, but the guys that manage it don't seem of the same caliber as the folks that I flew with.

Just my two cents.