Classic Thread - Why go Air Force?

Starboard

Don't call it a mess hall, we eat at dining facilities.

061010-F-7895K-3242.jpg

"Next Aaahman? Next Aaahman?

Quote from Lackland, for those non-Es out there. Basic chow rocked...

It seems that Air Force aviation is more competitive than Naval aviation. Is this true?

Why do most people choose to go Air Force? Is it because the have a bigger selection of planes? Or do they just dislike the idea of being stuck in a ship in the middle of the ocean?

Well, they shut down the NAVCAD program while I was in the middle of it, so that made it easy. They said I could go SWO, and I told them to fuck off.

Are you kidding me? What's your real screen name?

Dude this is my real account. I was trying to get a serious answer but all these clowns are screwing up my thread. I'm going for Navy OCS right now, but I was just wondering with the competition why the AF seems more competitive.

Does anyone have a serious answers? Do most people like the whole carrier idea or not? For you guys, were the larger selection of planes and carrier-free lifestyle big factors in choosing the AF?

Thanks AFNAV for giving me a serious answer.

Edited by Starboard

Dude this is my real account. I was trying to get a serious answer but all these clowns are screwing up my thread. I'm going for Navy OCS right now, but I was just wondering with the competition why the AF seems more competitive.

Does anyone have a serious answers? Do most people like the whole carrier idea or not? For you guys, were the larger selection of planes and carrier-free lifestyle big factors in choosing the AF?

What's not to love about spending 8 months at sea (plus months of workups on det prior) on a ship with 5000 people (mostly dudes or ugly chicks) while you pay $300/mo for shitty food?

• Upvote 1

I thought these were a serious answers [sic]. Have fun at Navy OCS. Hopefully someday we'll have a cool movie to promote recruiting too.

Edit: 58 users watching a topic. This is a rare and special day. Thanks Starboard!

Edited by HU&W

Go to the fvckin' Navy there puss...

Don't show up and post sh!t then complain - you have don't have a sense of humor so you wouldn't last.

It is funny how they messed this thread up. I'm sitting here cracking up at how they trolled me. I don't think what I posted was sh!t though. And I am going Navy cause it really appealed to me. I was wondering why everyone didn't want to go Navy. The whole carrier experience seems awesome. But maybe its awesome only as long as you don't have a family and all.

Dude, isn't it clear why? Its because of our wicked sense of humor. Maybe you should stick with the Navy route, eh, on second thought, maybe you should just avoid both all together.

What's not to love about spending 8 months at sea (plus months of workups on det prior) on a ship with 5000 people (mostly dudes or ugly chicks) while you pay $300/mo for shitty food?

But it will all pay off when you make port? .....Heard the food tastes like jet fuel. Delicious

I thought these were a serious answers [sic]. Have fun at Navy OCS. Hopefully someday we'll have a cool movie to promote recruiting too.

Edit: 58 users watching a topic. This is a rare and special day. Thanks Starboard!

Nearly all the flight school videos on youtube are Air Force. Most are hilarious.

It is funny how they messed this thread up. I'm sitting here cracking up at how they trolled me. I don't think what I posted was sh!t though. And I am going Navy cause it really appealed to me. I was wondering why everyone didn't want to go Navy. The whole carrier experience seems awesome. But maybe its awesome only as long as you don't have a family and all.

You should definitely go Navy. You're exceptional at getting butt hurt.

Does anyone have a serious answers?

Yes. Yes I do.

Do most people like the whole carrier idea or not? For you guys, were the larger selection of planes and carrier-free lifestyle big factors in choosing the AF?

This is what scares me about the Navy...

top-gun-locker-room-paramount.jpg

No, it's not because a bunch of dudes want to stand around in towels hanging out with each other (besides it's ok now), but because they have a Safety Board in the bathroom! That's just too much...I can do some Ops Limits and Boldface but that's about it.

• Upvote 3