C-130H Total Force Integration

noumenon

It's very possible, particularly if the Democrats make gains in 2014. Not all Congressmen and Senators are keen on saving mil jobs if the perception among the general public is that those mil jobs and iron stand between them and more govt bennies. And outside of mil social circles, that's exactly what many people think- cut the military, save the budget.

Remember, facts aren't the truth. What people believe is.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you're a current and qualified legacy C-130 crewmember, the future 913AG (it'll be the 913th unless AFRC changes their minds) will be hiring in the near future. Expect hiring boards for traditional reservist slots with a normal combat-coded mission.

So yes, this means well-qualified copilots, basic ACs, basic Navs, FEs and LMs...for you RegAF types staring at a UAV slot in the future (or just want to stay in the Herk), pursue Palace Chase aggressively. I was told from the former 19OG/CD that they will have "liberal Palace Chase rules". PM me if you want info on who to talk to.

• 4 weeks later...
Spring cycle options for brand new/existing co-pilots:

- 19 RPAs

- Possibly a PC-12 or two

Edit: Math is hard.

Luck and timing are everything... Both good and bad.

Sucks for those guys, hopefully they can save a few and find homes at a TFI.

As copilots with 5-7 years remaining on their ADSCs...NOT HAPPENING (of course you already know that though). Maybe if they were to get RIF'd...

I've seen it happen before.........But in any event, the legacy C-130 is dead in active duty. As much as it pains me to say, I strongly advise UPT students DO NOT put this down on your ADP, and if you are already in the community, jump ship to a white jet/ J-model/AFSOC or whatever else you can get your hands on. I'm sure there are a handful of guys out there with a shamrock up their ass who will work sweet gigs between Cheyenne, C-Springs, and Little Rock, but those aren't numbers I'd be willing to bet my 10 year commitment on. Palace Chase is a great option - explore it.

There is a strong rumor that the -130 TFIs will be dead in the 2015 POM. If you are at a TFI I'd at least have a Plan B exit in mind.

I've been wondering how long it would be before I heard this. The only reason they even started TFI to begin with was so AD would have access to two more tails per unit for OIF/OEF. With the latter winding down and Js still coming off the line, how much sense does it make to have an acive duty AFSC that flies a plane that only the ARC owns?

There is a strong rumor that the -130 TFIs will be dead in the 2015 POM. If you are at a TFI I'd at least have a Plan B exit in mind.

That's a fact. When the suggestion to have the legacy FTU be an association between the Guard and AD came up, representatives stated that 2015 POM was looking at getting rid of associate units.

Connecticut is standing up soon too. We have a couple crews taking their first two airplanes to them next week.

Then why open a TFI in little rock next year? And I've heard rumors about opening another TFI in Montana.

I wonder who's getting better rumors?

Connecticut, Great Falls, and Mansfield are not going to be TFI units.

Then why open a TFI in little rock next year? And I've heard rumors about opening another TFI in Montana.

I wonder who's getting better rumors?

They are dragging their feet here at LRF. AFRC has pushed the designation of the unit off by a few months to see what's announced in the next POM. I have a strong feeling that the unit will stay, but it's been a persistent rumor from HQ types that AMC wants to totally divest itself of the H-model Herk and let the ARC own it 100%.

As for MT and CT, they are getting LRF's old H1 Herks (1973-74 models). New wing boxes, but otherwise they are beat to hell. And I haven't heard anything of a TFI opening at either unit. We've already got dudes from CT going through the FTU...

On another note, I have heard MT is looking to hire a few AGR C-130 IPs to help convert them from fighters to Herks.

• Upvote 1

As always, luck and timing are everything. Wonder if I can hang on long enough to get close enough to my Adsc to be able to palace chase. Any new rumors on how much Adsc big blue might be willing to waive? We keep hearing "liberal palace chase policies" but no one has any idea what that means.