C-130H Total Force Integration

noumenon

Yep the 53rd is supposed to inactivate at the end of the year. Manpower flow out is supposed to roughly match the iron flow out. If you're fairly new on-station you might get to stay around for the TFI H-model unit, or get sent to an AFSOC or UAV assignment. Some may get a white jet assignment as well.

The 189 guys are still going to be teaching IPUG in addition to the PIQ and other initial qual missions that they're picking up. The first few PIQ guys are trickling through now as they teach PIN. They're still making the attempt to keep IPUG out of the SIM (it's only 4 or 7 rides based on what you fly plus a checkride, so the 3.0's they're flying aren't exactly breaking the bank) in order to keep the quality of training high (sure, in the SIM they can kill you, but there's a lot more value added to the air over the wings when they demo student trends to you).

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

News from Little Rock...

Leaving out a lot of the deets but just found out that a new co-pirate in the sq (a few weeks out of the school house) put 17's to SC 1st on his ADP along with a few other Herk options. Scheduled an apt with the Sq CC and was offered 17's to SC with training starting this summer.

Sounds like AMC is going to make these kind of moves more common as they're forced to put these guys somewhere other than the legacy.

Timing is....

Also hearing guys going through PCO, Phase I at Little Rock are being sent home due to more important Phase 3 guys. One of our guys got sent home a couple of weeks ago for this very thing! I guess it's back to upgrading in-house!

Latest and greatest news is the 50th and 53rd will shut down at the end of FY14, however personnel will continue to flow out until then. A small number will remain when the 50th associates with the 913AG beginning of FY15.

So instead of 53rd having 12 AD crews it will shut down now right? Making sure I'm following along correctly.

53AS was always shutting down. Now the inactivation will occur Sep 14 and not Sep 13 as previously rumored. The TFI squadron hasn't been formally announced but it's likely going to be the 50th with a smaller footprint (same as 52AS at Peterson).

• Upvote 1

Heads up to some of of you Legacy Herk guys involved in the musical chairs at LRF...word is that "they" (not sure if they meant local leadership or AFPC) will be more liberal in granting Palace Chase separations for those who want to go to the ANG or AFRC.

That being said, come 1 Oct, the AFRC FTU will be working off an operational UMD and will be able to hire non-instructor crew positions (co-pilots, basic ACs, etc).

No guarantee of any orders (bumming), but if you can get your leadership to support a PC application and line up work outside the USAF, it beats being sent to RPAs.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know exactly how long the C-130H school house is now? All I could find was 5-6months and I'm wondering if it is a TDY or PCS. Also, how often are they starting -H classes?

Course lengths on the ETCA website are used for determining PCS vs TDY. For all courses over 20 weeks, you will PCS to the 714 TRS. Depends what course you are asking about WRT start dates, but every 2 weeks is a good wag.

• 1 month later...

So.....are we getting rid of the legacy planes?

http://www.airforcet...-up-5-squadrons

First off, I wonder what number is "much of the C-130 fleet". Second, as Active Duty divests itself of Legacy Herks over the course of the next few years, I think this is going to be a tough sell to Congress. 100% of the Legacy iron will reside in the ARC and states don't like having their iron taken away. Not saying it is impossible, just would be surprised if it becomes reality.