C-130H Total Force Integration

noumenon

There are copilot & nav students that are here, and some on the way to LRF, that are being looked at to transfer to other airframes. Some (and I mean a VERY select few) may stay at LRF. AFPC has "shock absorbers" for those students: AFSOC, MC-12s, white jets, & UAVs. Don't expect much more info than that for a while, AFPC is a little busy at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that only applies to dudes/dudettes scheduled to PCS to Little Rock. Has that expanded?

The squadrons at LRF were the only remaining non-TFI H-model units other than Yokota...so it's safe to say unless you're going there, you're gonna be in a TFI squadron or you were ARC to begin with.

As a disclaimer, things change every week with the future Herk roadmap. But as it stands today expect that the AD USAF will plan to divest itself of the C-130H except for the TFI units. At some point even Yokota will become a J-model squadron. There are plans on the books for a H-model TFI squadron at LRF but few details yet...it's not even officially announced but that's the direction things are going.

Heard through the grapevine that there was a CC call at Little Rock this week where it was announced that the 61st and 53rd were going to be standing down. Truth? Details?

Edited: Little Rock has too many squadrons.

Edited by Champ Kind

Heard through the grapevine that there was a CC call at Little Rock this week where it was announced that the 61st and 50th were going to be standing down. Truth? Details?

My understanding is that the 50th and 53d are standing down. The 61st should be getting their first J soon. One of the legacy squadrons will be an associate unit.

53d AS as in the red-headed stepchild squadron of the AF's red-headed stepchild MWS. It used to be an E-model FTU squadron then moved over to AMC, then was threatened with losing formation and airdrop quals, now is just going to disappear.

Spinner, any word on if the 50th TFI unit will fly H3s, or are they sending those elsewhere?

Spinner, any word on if the 50th TFI unit will fly H3s, or are they sending those elsewhere?

H2s that the Reserves will be bringing with them. H3s going to Dobbins? Everyone is waiting for the official word on the iron moves that the C-130 working group has been hashing out since the NDAA was signed. Thought it would be released today, but it wasn't.

Edited by Fifty-six & Two

LockheedFix, those piece of crap H3s (I can say that, I flew them for 4 years) are supposed to go to Savannah ANG. No telling where Savannah's 80-model H2s will go. The AD is not doing Savannah any favors by giving them those planes, they're about wore out.

53AS will likely inactivate. 50AS will probably be an associate to the LRF AFRC unit (probably gonna become the 913AG). 53WRS (WC-130Js at Keesler...Hurricane Hunters) will remain at BIX while their sister squadron the 815AS will close. The 815th's slick Js will probably go to Pope to the 440AW, and I've heard the future 913AG will get Pope's old H2s. Note my liberal use of the word "probably".

What happpens to the 815AS UPT guys? I was picked up in the December board...

Talk to your unit if you want the straight up skinny. Or we can make shit up for you just like the AF is making this shit up as we go along.

Break Break

This LR "transition" aka shit storm is a product of reaction and forcing hands versus well thought out planning and implementation. Its a great peek into the AD-ANG-AFRC infighting/passiveness that often occurs but we don't often see.

In the end, ANG will get what they wanted (in the Herk world) and not lose any planes (at least according to AF Lies) and gets a misison to some of those C-27 bases. Ft Smith positions will likely move to LR so that is a win for the state, but a loss for the A-10 world (I mean really, A-10s and Razorbacks go hand in hand). The big loss is 53d deactivating and the 50th going to half strength. After absorbing Dyess peeps and with other TFI units/Yokota at high manning levels, there isn't anywhere else to go for 1.5 sqs worth other than outside the Herk. Poor timing if you were a new Herkster in UPT, just graduated, or even already in the schoolhouse. Any older Herkster looking to come back will likely have to wait in line or look elsewhere.

In the meantime, there is still a wartime mission and as was demonstrated with Iraq, Herk will be there in force to cleaned it out (with a little help from Strat). Get ready to absorb some shock as AF closes down 1.5 squadrons in no time.

Out

Edited by disgruntledemployee