C-130H Total Force Integration

noumenon

Before we go too far with "the sky is falling" concerns: how many times has AMC discussed getting rid of the airdrop mission for c130's? Which hasn't happened (yet). AMC does lots of dumb shit (Alaska TFI) but why would we start up the 50th TFI at LRF this year so we can shut it down next year?

Before we go too far with "the sky is falling" concerns: how many times has AMC discussed getting rid of the airdrop mission for c130's? Which hasn't happened (yet). AMC does lots of dumb shit (Alaska TFI) but why would we start up the 50th TFI at LRF this year so we can shut it down next year?

Why would we build brand new alert facilities at an Eagle unit, then quickly shut them down and move their jets down the road to replace A-10s at another base (only to build more Alert facilities). Why would we build up countless bases just to shut them down within a year or two. Trying to make sense of why DoD/Military/Govt does the things they do will drive you mad!

That's a fact. I suppose I'm just being overly optimistic that now, when money is an (the) issue, we would be smarter in how we do stuff. Naive I know. But it makes it really tough for a herk guy to guess what the future holds/what to tell the young pups who are still in the 60/53/61 with no JMATS slot.

It appears that was merely another catch phrase bounced around at staff meetings to make the senior leaders feel good. In reality, the mid-level leadership was told there were UAV and MC-12 bills to pay...it's sad whenever your own leadership can't be honest with themselves. I personally heard the "liberal palace chase" thing mentioned a number of times by the OG level on up and by AMC/A1 types at the SATAF, but was disappointed to hear bros were being told no PC options unless you were within a year of your ADSC...then again, I shouldn't be disappointed because that's par for the course.

• 7 months later...

Nope. MC12 or RPA maybe, but not these.

Maybe not currently but since October when I posted that, 2 dudes who worked directly for me have gone to U28s. Or more accurately PC-12 with U-28 followon. Edited by Warrior

Random question, but I didn't see any dedicated threads. Does anyone have good contact info for the hurricane hunters? I've been calling their recruiter's number all week with no joy. PMs appreciated.

Hey,

Not sure if you know, but the wing down there at Keesler has two squadrons - a slick unit and the Hurricane Hunters. The slick unit is scheduled to close this fall as part of the Reserve Command ass-foonery realignment process that these fucks are doing. That being said, most of the slick guys are going to flow to the Hurricane Hunters, causing them to be overmanned by X percent. That overmanning has a two-year time limit, from what I hear, in order to accommodate the displaced tac guys.

Long story short, they likely won't be hiring off the street anytime soon (unless you get in before the closure/unit merge - not sure about that one) due to this mess that AFRC has generated.

PM if you want more details or a contact down there.

Keep in mind that TFI hasn't officially started yet. The 50th remains a stand-alone AMC squadron under the 19AW.

That, and I've seen the iron flow. If I were to place a bet, I'd bet the TFI thing either doesn't happen or is short-lived.

Supposedly on 1 July the TFI rolls in with the 50th. It'll be the 913th Airlift Group, no word on the planes though. We were told that's still a congressional battle. Not sure what they're gonna do with and airlift group sans airplanes

There are dudes going through and even done with JMATS that have gone to Pope as J bubbas without a J to fly. But from what I hear, the NC senators don't have the clout that the MS & AR senators have as they battle this one out for control of the planes.

The TFI is standing up as 22 AF Det 1 stands down. The current Det 1 commander will be the TFI commander until he retires in a few months.

All in all...who the knows what's going on

• Upvote 1

I don't have any updates to that information, but I personally know several herk guys who have done/are on a 365 to teach the Iraqis or afghans to fly herks or c27s.

If the 365s are gone and those are now 179-I'll take it. And immediately continue bitching about that particular deployment requirement.

• Upvote 2

Rumor has it Big Blue is on the hunt for H model & tac qualified instructors in AD, Guard, & Reserve to tag for 179s to AFG to teach our esteemed colleagues how to fly Hercs. Can anyone verify?

That's not a new requirement, and it's exactly why I volunteered for a remote assignment before the AEF Center came looking for me.
  • Upvote 1