How long to get training dates

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got dates about a week after I was selected in dec 2012. My recruiter sent me a excel spreadsheet with OTS and UPT dates.

OTS July and UPT October at Columbus.

Does anyone know if reserve guys get a OTS class letter like active duty does?

• 2 weeks later...

Port Dog, how were you notified? Phone call? E-mail? My package was sent out the first week in May March (shortly after yours), so I'm hopeful my dates will arrive soon. I'm curious how your unit notified you (and I'm sure every unit varies). Thanks

Edited by chem_teacher_flies85

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has any insight/experience as to whether being a current enlisted member of the unit that hired you will have any impact on the speed you receive your training dates?

In my personal experience no. I am the only prior enlisted out of (4) that got hired last Nov, and I’m the only one who has no dates...

Does anyone have any clue as to how NGB processes these packets?

Hired Sep '12

Palace Front from Active Duty May '13

Got orders sometime that week

AUG 14 at Sheppard

My unit told Chip I'd leave tomorrow, given the opportunity. They couldn't get me a spot in line for UPT until I was officially no longer on AD. I'll be under the age limit, but I'll be a Captain with 5 years of service next May... Is this an issue?

I'm just happy to be here, but definitely hoping for quicker dates.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, here's my experience so far. Unit CC told me to expect about a year from hire to training, but given the sequestration cuts, it looks like it will be a little more than that. I'm a non-prior service hire to an ANG unit.

Interview: August 2012

You're Hired Call: November 2012

MEPS: Jan 2013

Assorted paperwork/security clearance: April/May 2013

Swear-In: July 2013

FC1/AMS/UPT dates: TBD

Not sure how that squares with other non-priors that got hired. I'll be 29 soon so I have a feeling that once I get dates they're going to have to mash it all together next year to get in me in by the cut-off.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone sworn in to their unit yet that lives across the country from them? Did you just fly out there for the weekend?

Once you swear in, did you get an ID card to help facilitate the FC1 at WPAFB?

Thanks

rancormac,

I live 6 hours from my unit, so I'm not in your location situation but I swore in to my unit last October and went to Wright-Pat in December for FC1. I didn't have an ID card yet and didn't have any issues at WP, my drivers license was enough.

Also, I would highly recommend swearing in as soon as you can or else you'll be footing the bill for travel to WP, lodging, food, ect. I met a few other reserve/guard guys who had not enlisted before and they were from across the country and it was an expensive trip for them.

Just my $0.02

-Chem

Im definitely going to enlist before the trip to WP. That way I should have orders, which will be way easier for me to leave my day job for a few days without having to use my non-existent PTO.

Good to know no issues at WP w/ just a drivers license.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

MEPS question -- have you guys gone to the closest MEPS near you, or to the one your unit is in jurisdiction of?

I've been coordinating with a local recruiter to get me in to my closest MEPS, and I've been getting pushed back for months now, apparently due to another recruiting squadron needing to fill their quotas -- thus hogging the spots. Utter BS.

• 1 month later...