Panetta to Lift Ban on Women in Combat

nsplayr

Giving females the ability to pee standing up is definitely a step in the right direction and may help level the playing field.
Shewee;
http://www.crazynews.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/shewee.jpg

While I gather they have since been removed, when I was flying the MC-12 out of Balad, they still had the standard King Air "relief tubes" installed (one at pilot station, the other by the "lav" (a porta-potty in the aft end of the cabin).  I had a female crypto operator who was thrilled to get a Shewee & use the relief tube:  "I peed on Iraq!!" was her battle cry for the rest of the deployment....

• Upvote 1

Pics or it didn't happen.

Some of those "nerds" (for sure in the early days).... you really don't want pictures.  Really...you don't. 

But then again...they usually pulled (STS) the best grids for me (actually hats off to the most of the "nerds"...all but a few were very good at their craft). 

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.defense.gov/News/News-Transcripts/Transcript-View/Article/622168/remarks-by-secretary-carter-at-a-troop-event-at-naval-air-station-sigonella-ita

Q: [...] My question is in regards to women in combat roles.  Not just in the military, but the Marine Corps specifically.  What kind of decision-making is going to go into a decision being made, after the tests we did with the integrated battalion and the results we got from that, and -- along with the commandant's recommendation? 

SEC. CARTER: [...] We're going to make a data-based decision in all the services.

[...] But I'm going to do it on the basis of data, because this is serious business, and you've got to do it on the basis of serious information.  And you might say, "why are you even thinking about this in the first place?" [...] But for me it's more than that.  It's a little bit different.  It -- it -- you are all volunteers, right?  And you are the best.  I have to make sure that my successor and my successor's successor, and my successor's successor's successor have the best, too.  Right? And they're going to have to recruit from the American population.  Half the American population is female.  So I'd be crazy not to be -- so to speak -- fishing in that pond for qualified service members.  Otherwise, it's like having a population that's half the size. [...] what Secretary Panetta said a few years ago, and I completely agree, is, "by January 1st of next year, all will be open to women unless a good reason can be found not to."

"all will be open to women unless a good reason can be found not to"

That right there is political two-step.  Reason is variable...not black and white.

"serious information".  Guess I need to dig into my pubs to find a definition of "serious information" before I get it mixed in with my Top Serious/Serious Compartmental Information pile.  If I stood up at a test meeting and said we are recommending the MDA not send a product to the user or the next phase of testing based on "serious" information...I would be ushered aside and have my lips pulled out through my a$$hole.

"all will be open to women unless a good reason can be found not to"

That right there is political two-step.  Reason is variable...not black and white.

Don't forget,

"If a reason is found it will be immediately called flawed and biased by that services secretary before proceeding ahead anyway."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.defense.gov/News/Speeches/Speech-View/Article/632495/remarks-on-the-women-in-service-review

Remarks on the Women-in-Service Review

As Delivered by Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, Pentagon Press Briefing Room, December 3, 2015

[...] approximately 10 percent of positions in the military – that is, nearly 220,000 – currently remain closed to women…including infantry, armor, reconnaissance, and some special operations units. Over the last three years, the senior civilian and military leaders across the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Special Operations Command have been studying the integration of women into these positions, and last month I received their recommendations – as well as the data, studies, and surveys on which they were based – regarding whether any of those remaining positions warrant a continued exemption from being opened to women. I reviewed these inputs carefully, and today I’m announcing my decision not to make continued exceptions – that is, to proceed with opening all these remaining occupations and positions to women. There will be no exceptions. This means that as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before. They’ll be allowed to drive tanks, fire mortars, and lead infantry soldiers into combat. They’ll be able to serve as Army Rangers and Green Berets, Navy SEALs, Marine Corps infantry, Air Force parajumpers, and everything else that previously was open only to men. And even more importantly, our military will be better able to harness the skills and perspectives that talented women have to offer. ‘No exceptions’ was the recommendation of the Secretary of the Army, the Secretary of the Air Force, and the Secretary of the Navy, as well as the Chief of Staff of the Army, the Chief of Staff of the Air Force, the Chief of Naval Operations, and the commander of U.S. Special Operations Command. While the Marine Corps asked for a partial exception in some areas such as infantry, machine gunner, fire support, reconnaissance, and others, we are a joint force, and I have decided to make a decision which applies to the entire force. [...] Accordingly, I am directing all the military services to proceed to open all military occupational specialties to women 30 days from today [...]

And they thought fighter pilot culture was bad...  Just wait till the first women get behind the curtain in some of these male-only hyper-specialized warrior cultures.  Let the (allegations of) raping (culture) begin...

eta text in parenthesis for clarification of original intent

Edited by pcola
  • Downvote 2

First female SEAL in 3...2...1...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll be the bullsh!t game between all the services to see whoever can make a Tier 1 female operator first wins. Seals, SF, PJ, etc. just find somebody/anybody and get them through the program.

Same garbage game that gave us Kara Hultgren.

• Downvote 2

Argo, are you going to provide any counter-argument, or just lurk in the shadows and down vote every post that doesn't fit the desired narrative?

Standard SJW response is to yell and act offended while offering no logical reason for doing so. Our country has created a generation of retards.

I am so offended by the usage of the word retard. I prefer to be called mentally handicapped, mentally challenged, or dumbass.

• Downvote 1

Argo, are you going to provide any counter-argument, or just lurk in the shadows and down vote every post that doesn't fit the desired narrative?

Standard SJW response is to yell and act offended while offering no logical reason for doing so. Our country has created a generation of retards.

http://youtu.be/9IEFD_JVYd0

I thought that was just standard for that side of this argument.

"You don't want women in line combat roles because of any number of legitimate reasons and my rebuttal is Sexism! Sexism!

• Upvote 1

I thought that was just standard for that side of this argument.

"You don't want women in line combat roles because of any number of legitimate reasons and my rebuttal is Sexism! Sexism!

You know what my daughter says? She says, ‘That’s sexist.’ They just want to use these words: 'That’s racist'; 'That’s sexist'; 'That’s prejudice.' They don’t know what they’re talking about.

The only question that should be answered by the leadership is;  Does this action /policy strengthen or weaken our armed forces.?  The answer is obvious and this liberal, feel good idea should have never been entertained much less implemented.

• Upvote 6