Got Your Six

BlackKnight

I've been thinking that a large, upcoming problem will be the downsizing of the Military with a weak economy. Expectations are a million folks in the next few years will transfer from Military life to Civilian life. Here's one of the efforts to help with education/housing/jobs, etc.

http://www.gotyour6.org/

It's spearheaded by the entertainment industry- not normally our biggest supporters. Good on them though. I do find the comment on helping our service members return to be "assets" rather than "liabilities" offensive.

Millions?

"More than one million service members ... over the next five years".

That's a quote from the website. I didn't fact check that number; I agree it sounds high. However, whatever the number you can bet it's going to be many, and the problem remains. We've got a ton of people out of work. This will add to it.

Edited by BlackKnight

"More than one million service members ... over the next five years".

That's a quote from the website. I didn't fact check that number; I agree it sounds high. However, whatever the number you can bet it's going to be many, and the problem remains. We've got a ton of people out of work. This will add to it.

I bet if you added up the number of people who leave the military after their intial enlistment/commitment plus the number of people retiring it's probably pretty close to 200,000 a year. As long as we don't do something stupid, like drive the economy off a fiscal cliff, everything should be fine.

• Upvote 1