Low flying F-15

Slander

What is it about Iowa??

http://www.miamihera...ilot-being.html

Florida Guard F-15 pilot being investigated for flying low in Iowa

BY DANA TREEN

THE FLORIDA TIMES-UNION

JACKSONVILLE -- A Florida Air National Guard F-15 Eagle pilot is under investigation based on reports that an aircraft was flying too low Tuesday over a Des Moines, Iowa, neighborhood.

The F-15 from the 125th Fighter Wing based at the Jacksonville International Airport was flying to Sioux City, Iowa, for scheduled maintenance when residents complained the plane was flying too low, said Lt. Col James Evans of the Florida National Guard.

Evans said the pilot’s name is not being released because there is no evidence yet that the pilot did anything wrong. The lowest the planes are permitted to fly while in transit is 1,000 feet, unless they have special permission, he said.

The pilot has been assigned to non-flying duties during the investigation.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/05/3128358/florida-guard-f-15-pilot-being.html#storylink=cpy

edit to add article text

Edited by FSUBadger

If this...

Evans said the pilot’s name is not being released because there is no evidence yet that the pilot did anything wrong.

...why this?

The pilot has been assigned to non-flying duties during the investigation.

Either the first part is untrue or Jacksonville has some shitty leadership.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Pilot-on-no-fly-status-after-incident-over-suburbs/-/9357080/17658884/-/13g9drcz/-/index.html

"The pilot was headed from Jacksonville to Sioux City so his jet could get painted."

"The Guard is now investigating and the pilot was sent back to Jacksonville, Fla., on a commercial flight."

How else would he have flown home unless he was there to pick up a jet also?

• Upvote 1

Iowa is prone to sudden bursts of gravity that pull jets close to the earth. The Bermuda Rectangle of the midwest.

It is apparently also prone to "local boy done good decides to take a chance and shine his ass in front of his hometown" kind of lapses in judgement, too.

Iowa is prone to sudden bursts of gravity that pull jets close to the earth. The Bermuda Rectangle of the midwest.

It is apparently also prone to "local boy done good decides to take a chance and shine his ass in front of his hometown" kind of lapses in judgement, too.

Probably your best post.

LOL! GREAT video. That's exactly like the corn fed Iowegian chick described it.

I didn't know anyone remembered calling it Rodan, aside for Ol Patch and maybe a few other crusty old bastards.

I don't doubt that it would've been hard, if not impossible, to hear the View. A 911 call was probably the quickest way to get that squared away. Hopefully whomever made the call had Tivo or DVR so they didn't miss anything.

One time I had a brake failure near EOR and after the jet got hooked up to a tow by mx I took off my helmet (and earplugs) and jogged up to a hold-short line on a taxiway about 1,500' down the runway just in time to watch a four ship take off. It was by far the loudest and most awesome thing I have ever heard - to the point of physical pain. Through my boots I could feel the cement of the taxiway vibrating from the engines and feel the heat from the afterburners as the jets rolled by 50' away.. That sh!t gave me goosebumps.. I couldn't hear right for the rest of the day but it made me feel pretty f*cking proud to be an American.

Anway, some real gold in the comments:

"I strongly feel the vibrations myself & to scare my indoor pets enough to run & hide, like they were being chased! ... NOT ALL OF THESE Pilots are "TOP GUN" skilled/type pilots! geeesh...lol"

"Most exciting thing that has happened in Des Moines in years."

"Serves him right. It shows a LACK OF DISCIPLINE."

Time to make a ROCKET BOOSTERS! morale patch. I Hope that pilot doesn't get hosed over hearsay stemming from people that know little to nothing about aviation.

What a stupid b!tch! I can't stand sh!t like what this woman said. "Did you think it was going to crash?" "Yes, I did for a while there." I guess people don't think before they talk anymore. Ugh.

Side note: I would bet a lot of money that the pilot was always legal and above min altitudes but if he did use AB that low and did pull into the vertical then he's probably fooked due to poor judgment. Man, don't people enjoy seeing stuff like that though? I still stop in the parking lot at work to watch take offs and over-craniums. Merica!

There were two low flying jets near me yesterday (I didn't see it personally). Possibly related to today's Army/Navy game (I'm near Philly). Practice maybe? A lot of people I know were talking about it on Facebook. Not one person complained, everyone thought it was awesome.