matmacwc

For those of you with privacy concerns. Google Adsense, Google Analytics and Viglink ad bots are tracking this website. There is also a google supercookie tracking you as well. I use ghostery , AdBlock and Disconnect on my safari. I think FireFox has the same extensions. Love this forum, just wanted you to know.

Just found DoubleClick and Google +1 as well. For you superfreaks, DoubleClick tracks you on F-Book.

If any of you have 4 star general concerns......

Edited by matmacwc

Theoretically no cookies or web history is supposed to be tracked but I betcha web-tags/bugs/pixels and beacons are still tracking your computer.

In addition to NoScript use the RequestPolicy extension for Firefox. It's like NoScript with the option to allow/disallow requests of any kind that aren't directed at the current web page. For example, if DoubleClick has a pixel bug on facebook.com, visiting facebook.com with the extension enabled will not load anything from doubleclick.net, google-analytics.com, etc. and will flag it for you to allow/disallow. NoScript, RequestPolicy, and BetterPrivacy (to block/delete Flash cookies) should take care of 90.69% of the stuff that's out there.

In addition to NoScript use the RequestPolicy extension for Firefox. It's like NoScript with the option to allow/disallow requests of any kind that aren't directed at the current web page. For example, if DoubleClick has a pixel bug on facebook.com, visiting facebook.com with the extension enabled will not load anything from doubleclick.net, google-analytics.com, etc. and will flag it for you to allow/disallow. NoScript, RequestPolicy, and BetterPrivacy (to block/delete Flash cookies) should take care of 90.69% of the stuff that's out there.

Can anyone suggest equivalent extensions for Chrome?

Edited by TacAirCoug