More SARC briefings soon.

di1630

We need leadership. I remember a naming for a red headed female at my last squadron. It was rightfully getting a little out of control and with about 5 words, the Sq/CC brought everyone back to reality and the fun continued. Nothing more had to be said because he had gained the respect of his squadron. There was no buzz kill, but everyone knew where the limit was.

We need leadership. I remember a naming for a red headed female at my last squadron. It was rightfully getting a little out of control and with about 5 words, the Sq/CC brought everyone back to reality and the fun continued. Nothing more had to be said because he had gained the respect of his squadron. There was no buzz kill, but everyone knew where the limit was.

In that case, tradition had all ready been thrown out the window. SQ/CCs have no rank/authority in the bar, especially at a naming. The Mayor is the ultimate and final authority for all bar activities.

• Upvote 1

KITFO?

In that case, tradition had all ready been thrown out the window. SQ/CCs have no rank/authority in the bar, especially at a naming. The Mayor is the ultimate and final authority for all bar activities.

Not to mention the fact that many Sq/CCs I've seen only hang out for the roll call portion of the naming and then quietly extricate themselves from the festivities.

Such an unfortunate and drastic turn of events. Is it bad if I'm looking forward to going to the Deid so I can just focus on the J.O.B.?

break...break

Just got our sqdn naming squashed. Aparently an O-6 type wants to be there for appropriate sensoring. Looking forward to a good night.

Sounds like an O-6 that needs a new call sign...

What about the convoluted approval chain that each of those patches had to go through for approval? Are we going to see some accountability by the OG/WG staffs that failed to catch these contributions to hazardous workplace environments?

The students didn't just show up one day with these after they soloed, somebody with some authority gave them the green light.

The people that enforcing these new policies are the same people that wore or approved these patches.

• Upvote 1

What about the convoluted approval chain that each of those patches had to go through for approval? Are we going to see some accountability by the OG/WG staffs that failed to catch these contributions to hazardous workplace environments?

The students didn't just show up one day with these after they soloed, somebody with some authority gave them the green light.

There was no such 'approval process' back in the day...so, no, you're not going to see any accountability from leadership for these patches. Back then they rightfully let students represent their classes however they pleased without getting the SJA and a Staff Summary Sheet involved.

I will be a beer that someone up the leadership chain had to approve that "07-08 My Tweet's Worn Out" patch as well as the "09-06 Shootin' From the Hip" one. At nav school our class patches had to run through our Flt/CC then SQ/CC's offices before being approved. Can't imagine the atmosphere at the UPT bases during the same time frame was significantly different...am I entirely wrong on that?

I'm talking about the atmosphere at UPT in the 1970s, 80s, and early 90s (the pre-Clinton era, basically)....not 5 years ago. The culture of risk aversion on this stuff seems to be a product of the post-Tailhook, post-Clarence Thomas, political correctness wave that started in the mid/late 90s and went full retard post-9/11.

BTW, my understanding of the current wave of 'search and destroy for offensive material' does not have any punishments attached to anything that is found or anyone whose command it is found under. A significant component of this is supposedly the reports back up the chain of what is found, for data collection at HAF.

I'm talking about the atmosphere at UPT in the 1970s, 80s, and early 90s (the pre-Clinton era, basically)....not 5 years ago. The culture of risk aversion on this stuff seems to be a product of the post-Tailhook, post-Clarence Thomas, political correctness wave that started in the mid/late 90s and went full retard post-9/11.

BTW, my understanding of the current wave of 'search and destroy for offensive material' does not have any punishments attached to anything that is found or anyone whose command it is found under. A significant component of this is supposedly the reports back up the chain of what is found, for data collection at HAF.

Yeah, "non-punishable, but if we find something that violates GO-1B, we'll prosecute you, but we're not on a witch-hunt...unless we find something. And even though it's not a witch-hunt, we're reporting the data squadron by squadron, but there won't be any punishment, unless we decide your squadron has too much of the stuff, then we'll make an example".

• Upvote 4

They now have to go through PA, MEO and Legal and at least as high as the OG/CC.

Aren't we at fucking (sort of) war? Don't OG/CCs have better ways to occupy their time? Isn't this the shit that some office manager is supposed to worry about and that separates him from what are supposed to be military leaders? Whatever happened to fostering an environment in which members of this nation's military are inclined to kill its enemies and give a shit about fuck all else?

Aren't we at fucking (sort of) war? Don't OG/CCs have better ways to occupy their time? Isn't this the shit that some office manager is supposed to worry about and that separates him from what are supposed to be military leaders? Whatever happened to fostering an environment in which members of this nation's military are inclined to kill its enemies and give a shit about fuck all else?

At KEND I'm fairly positive it goes all the way to the wing king, someone else feel free to chime in a say differently.

No, we're done with that now. Remember, it's not "Global War on Terror" anymore, it's "Oversease Contingency Operations". There's no more fighting left to be done.

You sound surprised.

Haven't you ever gone to the Wing Staff Meeting? Or quarterly FOD council?

Edited by Huggyu2
  • Upvote 1

You sound surprised.

Haven't you ever gone to the Wing Staff Meeting? Or quarterly FOD council?

Quarterly FOD Council is by far the most ridiculous thing in the Air Force. Pictures of all the FOD that was found and then awards for finding FOD. Then bragging that it has been 6 years since we had a FOD incident...on a base that only has planes that intentionally land on gravel.

• Upvote 3

Quarterly FOD Council is by far the most ridiculous thing in the Air Force. Pictures of all the FOD that was found and then awards for finding FOD. Then bragging that it has been 6 years since we had a FOD incident...on a base that only has planes that intentionally land on gravel.

I've always promised that if I find the golden FOD, I'm keeping it in order to create a flighline shutdown because the FOD went missing!

Out

• Upvote 2

I've always promised that if I find the golden FOD, I'm keeping it in order to create a flighline shutdown because the FOD went missing!

Out

We had a MX guy do this at Salem. Pretty funny at the end when the golden FOD went missing from its original hiding place and no one was claiming it. We could not leave the flight line until someone turned it in. Not quite sure what the dude was thinking...

• 1 month later...

The list of everything seized is finally out: http://militarytimes.com/projects/air/health-welfare-findings. Good to see, among other things, we're protecting the AF from multiple instances of nose art, Avenger comic books, and guys with pictures on their desks of wives in swimsuits at the beach or "Photos of individual with wife/girlfriend (no nudity)".