More SARC briefings soon.

di1630

I just can't believe that this has all been caused by allegations in a lawsuit. The claims haven't even been vetted in court yet. Using this logic, every single female military member literally has the power to cause a lasting, historic effect on our entire service simply by spending an hour writing down any allegations they like. No evidence required, no one would dare publicly pressure them on it. Aren't these things supposed to go to court for a reason?

It's the "Guilty until proven innocent" leadership technique. When sexual assaults, both real and alleged, continue due to the close proximity and daily interaction among men and women and the removal of any and all deemed offensive material has been accomplished, I wonder what the next "solution" will be.

The Hog Log and songbooks exist. They aren't alleged to exist. They are an easy target and purging them is the easiest initial move to show we care. And we should care. Everyone with half a brain knows this isn't going to keep anyone from being raped. This is about creating a sterile environment wrt anything sexual in the workplace.

Nonetheless, this really does suck. It'll pass.

I just can't believe that this has all been caused by allegations in a lawsuit. The claims haven't even been vetted in court yet. Using this logic, every single female military member literally has the power to cause a lasting, historic effect on our entire service simply by spending an hour writing down any allegations they like. No evidence required, no one would dare publicly pressure them on it. Aren't these things supposed to go to court for a reason?

It's not one person's complaint, it's the 700+ sexual assaults this year. Leadership has to be seen doing SOMETHING, and since they can't think of something useful, they're doing something visible.

Dolly Parton took a picture next to some A-10 ladder door art that was done in her honor. She didn't even get offended. And no one raped her.

Times have changed I guess, she'd probably get raped today.

Guy should market it to the Air Force, would have a multi-million dollar contact overnight:

http://theweek.com/article/index/237579/the-cup-that-changes-color-when-date-rape-drugs-are-present

Every year, an estimated 1 million people are date raped, and many of them are victims of date-rape drugs, potent mixtures that disrupt the central nervous system. These drugs, often slipped into alcoholic beverages, can cause drowsiness, amnesia, and blackouts, and they're incredibly difficult to detect. But one startup wants to change that. The company, DrinkSavvy, is creating drinkware that changes color when date rape drugs are present, going from clear to red. Mike Abramson, DrinkSavvy's founder, was inspired to create the cups after he himself was drugged. "I was thinking that I needed to develop something that was discreet, effortless, and continuous," he says. The startup also wants to create straws and other kinds of drinking apparatuses that can help with detection.

While Abramson's initiative is certainly admirable, you probably wont see these cups in your local pub any time soon. So far, DrinkSavvy has reached just $19,000 of its $50,000 goal on fundraising site Indiegogo.com. And other questions about the product remain: Just how discreet will this color-changing be? Will the cups be able to detect the many different kinds of drugs? "I worry that creepy kitchen chemists will evolve to create new drugs that can't be detected by this technology," says Laura Beck at Jezebel. "Here's hoping 'She didn't use a color-changing straw' doesn't become the new 'Did you see how she was dressed?' argument."

All "obscene" class patch plaques taken out of the CAFB OG hallways today. Most of the 70's and damn near all of the 80's. So much for heritage.

I really hope someone is stockpiling all of that heritage instead of burning it in a pile on the parade field like Fahrenheit 451.

Call me crazy, but isn't the root of the problem that people aren't being punished for sexual assault, despite being caught red-handed (sts)?

What's getting raped is what little left of our heritage we've still got...

Eventually this is all that will be left...

As an idiot, I find that offensive. I will take a screenshot of this and hold onto it for 10 more years in case I get passed over for Lt Col and then non-continued. Then you will hear from my lawyer.

• Upvote 2

Word on the strips is the powers that be are removing nose art from the planes in the Air Force museum. Can anyone in Dayton confirm or deny?

Aren't the planes owned by the museum and not the DOD and thus can tell the Air Force to pack sand if they ask them to remove the nose art?

Word on the strips is the powers that be are removing nose art from the planes in the Air Force museum. Can anyone in Dayton confirm or deny?

Not really, they plan on going back in time and creating a policy that forbids it. Then it will just disappear because it never happened. So, I guess that could be interpreted as removing it.

Those are safe. For now anyway. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/pin-ups-wont-be-removed-from-historical-planes/nTQQJ/