F-15C Sniper pods?

di1630

And A-10s. Even more pods....

Amen. We don't want or need more pods. We should stick with the zero sum mindset.

The smartest thing in the world would be to stop putting pods on Hogs and start putting them on the Zambonis.

Why not? Lets get some work out of that iron.

What? We're getting use of the iron...these videos just don't make themselves!

So the F-15C will now be able to take the role of a Predator, Reaper, MC-12, etc?

21906564.jpg

Edited by SocialD

F-15Cs? On the range or downrange?

Just on the range. We're qual'ing everyone but no one thinks (including us) that it'd be anything other than last ditch for us to strafe. However if we ever did have to shoot down a slow mover (let's not talk about ONE details here, that never ends well) it would be much more like strafe than a/a gunnery. We do a week of strafe at least once per quarter, its only fam.

Would've been nice to have enough Snipers to go around in Libya...
different pots of money man. Big blue isn't buying any snipers for AD - yet.

no one thinks (including us) that it'd be anything other than last ditch for us to strafe.

C-models strafed (and successfully blew shit up) in WW-Storm. It was a pick up game but it happened. There are lots of good reasons to get serious about strafing in the Mighty Mighty. But anything to do with slow moving aircraft (did you really say that?) is not even remotely why.

I was working with my boss at OSK when I was at Kadena to push strafe packaged with limited initial on-scene commander training. The Eagle push was to make the gun actually work to force maintenance to make it work, my push was to introduce the fighter guys to CSAR.

• Upvote 1

C-models strafed (and successfully blew shit up) in WW-Storm. It was a pick up game but it happened.

A patch wearer in a previous squadron used to say strafing and droping bombs were like shooting free throws. The target is not moving, it's not all that hard.

I will caveat that with the fact that I've never strafed a target on the ground. Maybe it is cosmic, but somehow I think a jinking / aware bandit would be more difficult. Maybe some multi-role pilot could clarify.

The Eagle is way over due for a dedicated infrared sensor - the F-14 had one... I really hope this happens for the CAF.

I will caveat that with the fact that I've never strafed a target on the ground SHOT AT THE ENEMY IN COMBAT. Maybe it is cosmic, but somehow I think a jinking / aware bandit would be more difficult. Maybe some multi-role pilot could clarify.

When you shoot a free throw in basketball, you're standing still.

Flying airplanes with guns on them is different, and sometimes the targets ARE moving.

A patch wearer in a previous squadron used to say strafing and droping bombs were like shooting free throws. The target is not moving, it's not all that hard..

Good thing guys never do either to moving targets. And thankfully there's never friendlies nearby or anyone trying to kill you to interfere with the easy task of strafing or bombing a target.

I wonder what it's like having this epic of a level of cluelessness?

Edit to add: And as far as "jinking / aware bandits" go, those muj squirters tend to jink quite a bit once we start shooting 40 and 105 at them. Unfortunately for them they just die tired.

Edited by backseatdriver
  • Upvote 2