ANG/AFRC Pilot Bonus

I know we are eligible if you are on AGR orders. I signed the bonus last year.

AGR on the bonus. The very best of the good deals short of combat.

Almost feels like you're doing something illegal when you sign that too good to be true paperwork.

The exact contract wording lives on the REAMO website. Access through the portal and there is a link on the front page of REAMO. FY12 simaliar to other years: 4 at 25 for initial, either 2,3, or 4 at 15 for others.

Hindsight, I have seen a few folks choose ART over AGR but they are rare.

• 2 weeks later...

The exact contract wording lives on the REAMO website. Access through the portal and there is a link on the front page of REAMO. FY12 simaliar to other years: 4 at 25 for initial, either 2,3, or 4 at 15 for others.

So, I found the info on the portal... thanks for the vector. One more (stupid) question... is it possible for a TR to score a a 3-year set of orders and get a bonus?

-9-

We put a man on the moon, anything is possible. Anything.

No one is watching budgets these days and the leadership is not being held accountable for cost avoidance so I would say your chances of pulling that off are quite good.

So, I found the info on the portal... thanks for the vector. One more (stupid) question... is it possible for a TR to score a a 3-year set of orders and get a bonus?

-9-

It depends. If you are talking about a standard set of title 10 AGR tour orders, probably. If you are talking about long term MPA or something like that, I doubt it. If your unit just "puts you on orders," no way. In other words, if you are going into the AGR program (ie sending documents to REAMO), yes. If it is something local, no.

In other words, you'll definitely know it if you are offered something that makes you eligible for the bonus. They won't just "score" you a "set of orders" that you can then walk over to finance, slap down on the desk and tell them the account and routing number to wire your bonus checks.

The ARC is a good thing but it's not quite Burger King. Not quite.

is it possible for a TR to score a a 3-year set of orders and get a bonus?

As the others said, no bonus as a TR, long-term man days or not. Additionally, even if you are able to get someone to offer you a 3 year set of orders (man days, not AGR) do not trust that person or those orders, i.e. have a back up plan. No one in AFRC right now can speak to money for April let alone 3 years from now. Nor can active duty. I know several guys who got PFI orders or other long term gigs with the promise of 3 years, but turns out the money was not there to back it up for the whole time...the cash is flowing 6 months at a time, which means it is all very iffy. Who knows if that paper is worth anything in a year. Just sayin'.

No one in AFRC right now can speak to money for April let alone 3 years from now.

Hell, last I heard even December is iffy.

We lost our AFTPs and remaining RPA money this past September. AFRC called the DO Friday afternoon before the Sept. UTA (actually, during the pre-UTA meeting...) and told him to lock up the AFTP books Monday morning, and cancel any upcomong RPA orders, as none would be paid after that.

I've already used 10 AT days for FY13. I'm seriously considering using the rest before January.

Same here...Nov UTA's are a no-go, Dec UTA's are still on the books for now (MUTA weekend). No RPA either, just MPA and AT. 6 days a month max and they asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to not work Nov and/or Dec....those 12 days would then be subtracted from their 96 days requirement for the year.

Cheers,

Cap-10

• 3 weeks later...

Don't have connectivity to REAMO right meow...is there a FY13 pilot bonus for AGR's...for example, if someone was starting an AGR tour on 1 Dec 2012?

Cheers,

Cap-10

1. For fuck's sake, stop saying meow.

2. FY13 bonus message is not out right now. I assume there will be one, but then again it's not like there is a problem recruiting or retaining AGRs so who knows, maybe they will catch on to the obvious some day.

3. AGRs, when using it as a plural, has no fucking apostrophe between the "R" and the "s"

1. For fuck's sake, stop saying meow.

2. FY13 bonus message is not out right now. I assume there will be one, but then again it's not like there is a problem recruiting or retaining AGRs so who knows, maybe they will catch on to the obvious some day.

3. AGRs, when using it as a plural, has no fucking apostrophe between the "R" and the "s"

1. For meow's sake, stop saying fuck.

2. Standing by for message

3. I love apostrophe's...and exclamation point's!!!!!

Cheers,

Cap-10

• 1 year later...