The Passing of Rich Hauben, Founder of Baseops.net

ClearedHot

I am still in shock, Rich was a king among men, a positive force on everyone he met and a true inspiration. The world is a sadder place without him.

Godspeed my friend, you will be badly missed!

~ M2

:beer: :beer: Him, Him.

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent on this site. I never met Rich in person, but had quite a few E-Mail exchanges with him.

With that being said, is there anything that can be done to help carry on this site the way he would want it done? I'd love to be able to give something back.

A note posted posted by his family on his facebook page.

Rich, you were a great father, husband, son, brother, and friend. You are gone, but not forgotten. We all miss you dearly.

To all family and friends:

Rich passed away at his home this past weekend. The memorial will be held on Saturday at 2pm at Palms Mortuary - 1325 North Main Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89101, tel: (702) 464-8300.

I met Rich back in Field Training back in '93. Ran into him a few times before and after he started the site. If it wasn't for Baseops, I'd still be on Active Duty living in Nebraska...which wouldn't have been terrible, but I'm much better off because of all his work and the help of all those who went before me and contributed to this site. I know many former navs who owe their pilot wings to this site.

Thanks Baseops. Rest in Peace brother.

• Upvote 1